Time Person of the Year: Climate crisis activist Greta Thunberg

When I call her a rapist, you might have a point. Have I? Have I attacked her for any personal trait at all?

Is she off limits because of her age? Are military people off limits because they were a uniform? Of she’s off limits, why did the Collective trot her out there? Was it because she’s off limits?

Did Trump send his son out in front of the UN to speak and make it ok for Lee and Kaplan to bring him up?

So your tribe is not truly better?

3 Likes

Are you? Strange.

Man three paragraphs and not one declarative sentence. It’s almost like you know if you definitively state your position it will box you in from defending all this nonsense.

3 Likes

To me, it’s just indicative of the culture’s fixation on symbolism. I prefer substance.

By substance I’m not intending to denigrate Ms. Thunberg. I simply mean a real, practical impact is lacking. She’s only 16 and that’s ok, perhaps she’ll have that impact eventually.

Bait

Followed by many others. And folks wonder why certain threads get moved.

1 Like

How else are they gonna get people to forget how violent they were toward Nicholas Sandman?

Look at them pretending like they’re better than anyone. :rofl:

6 Likes

She had an impact. A visceral visual impact. Apparently enough for Time to take notice of it and make their choice.

Defending what?

Of course definitive statements box one in, I’m surprised you know that.

To be on a cover of a print magazine in 2019?

Great award… I guess.

3 Likes

Ebola Fighters, Ben Bernanke, Good Samaritans, You, Andrew Grove, David Ho, …

There have been no shortage of questionable Time Person of the Years.

1 Like

I think she self identifies as a she. Is ha one of the new pronouns?

It’s not bait. I would like it not to happen because it’s a bad look. I am also unclear if you’re addressing me as a moderator or a poster.

1 Like

It’s bait, duder. Punchable bait. :wink:

The problem with visceral, visual impacts is that they fade quickly as soon as the visceral of the thing wears off and the underlying problem remains to the same degree it did before.

I’ve not been impressed with Time, lately.

1 Like

Let’s let it play out a bit please.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::point_up:

:rofl: That’s a valid take.

How is Greta Thunberg threatening anyone’s “way of life”?

My GOD one must have a pretty fragile way of life that some child speaking out for our present and her future destroys that “way of life”.

:laughing:

1 Like

Such small, small thinking. Tell us what you know about my way of life.

Greta isn’t going away. Her cause isn’t going away. Time made a good move. Look at all the free press Greta and they are getting now?

Nothing aids a cause like keeping it out there in front of everyone.