Thug Culture State of Mind

So a family needs a man because he’s the only one who can physically assault children?

Fathers rarely need to resort to the belt. I never had to lay a hand on mine, no back talk but they’d give the wife grief. Men are just scarier to children. Couple of slammed doors was the extent of their push back with me. Of course I had it easy with just girls who were people pleasers.

He could have backed up. Looks to me like maybe the driver was trying to help in some way.

I’m personally against hitting children… so that will color my opinion.

But I think this larger idea that father’s are needed because they are more imposing then mothers I’m finding to be unconvincing. There are soft spoken fathers and loud scary mothers.

I doubt you’d find anyone in favor of hitting children.

As a single mom, I had to pay both roles. Good guy and bad guy.

I spanked my son twice in his lifetime and he deserved it. Yet, it hurt me more than it ever would him.

1 Like

Like I said, I never hit mine. My view is if you can’t control children without resorting to hitting them, you aren’t very good at parenting. However, intimidation is fair game, especially with boys. And self defense also has to be on the table with older boys. You don’t find many moms who can bench over 250 though.

I’m sure there are some that think its necessary.

My wife and I never do good cop/bad cop… we try to keep a united front, so to speak.

My mom spanked me a few times and slapped me once when I was a teen, but that was because I told her a “Pee-Wee Herman in a movie theater” joke when we were in a church. She was beaten a lot by her father though and while they reconciled when he was much older, it definitely created a split in their relationship.

Or, you can let your precious little baby grow up to fit in with Antifa.

I decided it was necessary. In no way, shape or form was it hitting him. It was a spanking on his little ass and he deserved it.

Guess what? No repeat behavior ever again. Here is the key:

Let them know the rules and punishment for violation in advance.

Then, they get to test you :wink:

Never, not follow through.

1 Like

Do it right, not often.

Geez-e-o Pete.

You do know a woman’s and a man’s brain work differently, right?

Women tend to be nurturing. Men protect and defend and raise their boys to do so as well.

Exactly.

As I said, twice I did it. I remember.

It hurt me more than it did him.

But he knew and he tested. I get that. Every kid does.

He learned Mom follows through. After that, all I had to do was give him “the look”.

:expressionless:

1 Like

More stereotypes. They do work differently… but what really makes people more different is their personality not their gender. Men can be nurturing and women can know how to fight. Boys and girls should both be taught to be nurturing AND be able to defend themselves if need be.

You’re going against the narrative. As a mother you aren’t good enough. You need a man؟

Yeah, sorry about that (not).

Women and men have roles in households and in raising children.

Women are always going to be attracted to the alpha male because it is instinctual to know their children have a chance of surviving.

The dad that paints his nails at night, plucks his eyebrows and generally acts like a parody of a female would not last very long in a real life come to Jesus moment.

I was the best I could be.

You’re right. As a mother playing both roles, apparently I wasn’t good enough.

Not all women are into that. I fully admit to not being an alpha male and my wife loves me and is attracted to me.

Wow. Just because the amp volume can go up to 11 doesn’t mean you need to set it to 11.

Did your kid end up being a thug?

You can protect and defend her and your children.

Gotta tell you? As a female I can kick some ass (because I had to not because I wanted to) but I want my man to put me to shame in that department not hide behind my skirts.

1 Like

I took a role because I had to. Not because I wanted to.

You are not an alpha. Can you take that role if it means protecting your wife and children?

My point to all of this is that men and women aren’t interchangeable cogs. One’s personality has a much stronger influence on how they are at raising children then their sex. People are too different to make blanket assumption that a lack of father results in thugs. There are reasons why a two parent household is better than a single parent household in the raising of children not limited to it allowing each parent to spend more time with the kids and financial benefits of either having two incomes or not having to pay for childcare. But this idea that you need men to teach boys to be men and you need women to teach girls to be women has yet to be proven to me via any reliable data.