Thug Culture State of Mind

The actual definition of “thug” doesn’t say anything about a “culture of violence” or “normal behavior,” but I’ll allow it for the purposes of this thread.

We don’t really know. That’s my point. Assumptions are made.

Odd response.

A person’s culture is more than the way they look and where they live. You don’t know this guy’s culture.

Sure we do. His thugging is a manifestation of it.

1 Like

You said Derick Madden was not a thug (even though he killed a baby with a shotgun).

I got confused. I don’t use their names. That was love.

Like I said, you don’t know his culture or his history. These murders might be just the most recent manifestation of his thug life.

You’ll “allow it” … What arrogance. The name “Thug” wouldn’t exist without the culture that it represents.

1 Like

You’re arguing with yourself, I said it was fine for the purposes of this thread.

No … You said you’d “allow it.”

As though you are in charge. :smirk:

I know love when I see it.

High Thuggery

Thuggery

Agree, Thats why I carry a firearm. Stay frosty! Head always looking around! And never give up!

Not in charge, I’m just not going to argue with you about it.

[quote=“WuWei, post:3228, topic:236037, full:true”]

You can’t know a person’s history and culture based on their appearance, their place of origin, or a single violent incident. It’s just not possible.

You can make one hell of a good educated guess. Take the Amish, an Arab man walking with a wife in a full Abayu. A person in business casual speaking perfect english compared to s person in a hoodie snd pants around their thighs speaking in Ebonics(AAVE).

Of course there are exceptions.

1 Like

Yes, you can make assumptions, and more often than not you’ll be right. But to say definitively that so-and-so is or is not a thug based on the info we get in most of these stories isn’t possible.

2 Likes

More thuggish behavior that we come to expect.

And it should say 4 Black juveniles.

2 Likes