This will please the Trump bots

Better question, why does our government continue to enable them?

What does peace look like? Do the Palestinians become Israeli citizens?

Why are you so fake concerned over a civil war in another country that’s been going on longer than we’ve been giving foreign aid? Isn’t American intervention a bad thing? Or is that only when it’s politically expedient?

First, it really wouldn’t be a civil war… they are not citizens of Israel… Your grasp of the history of our involvement and funding is lacking…

Because of borders? Who did the region belong to before Israel declared independence? Did the Arabs ever officially recognize Israel’s independence or do they still consider Israel their land? Talk about clueless.

So what? The Kurds WERE citizens of Iraq but that didn’t stop us from getting involved there.

Uh huh. Still haven’t answered the question. Wonder why that is?

Well, that is my question. What does America gain by giving the UN funds to aid Palestinians?

America doesn’t. If it weren’t for the Jewish population, I seriously doubt we’d even be involved. If Lieberman had managed to be elected, we would have been all up in Israel’s business.

I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me? You seem to have all of the answers but offer nothing of substantive contributions to the topic.

Why hasn’t anyone brought up that there is no delegated power in the Federal Constitution for the US government to take tax money from its citizens and hand it over to foreign governments?

2 Likes

I’m sure onboard with that notion.

Just in term of the sort of conversation that’s been in this thread so far, I’ve long pointed out that Israel doesn’t need money from us. As for the Palestinians, their one time allies have kept them where they are for political benefit and they, and they alone, have a moral responsibility to take them into their societies. They should enjoy all the benefits of the attitudes they’ve helped encourage in these folks, up close and personal.

1 Like

Many of the countries we give foreign aid to don’t need the money honestly. We give foreign aid to Saudi Arabia for crying out loud! Saudi Arabia!

1 Like

And on the delegated power end of things their need, even if real, actually would be immaterial.

People’s circumstances aren’t actually amendments to the Constitution to let the federal do anything about them. That applies both domestically and in foreign relations.

2 Likes

Great point, Wiley.

I really would like for America to take care of America for once.

Well if our government were still operating as a Constitutional Republic and not as a taxpayer funded Criminal Enterprise perhaps.

Peace is an ROI and I’d fully except that but there hasn’t been any evidence of peace in decades. The last time the region experienced any real peace was following the 6 day war in 1967. We continuously stick our noses into the business of other countries and create so many more problems than “we” good intentionally solve.

I wondered what Netanyahu thought about it and he agrees with you and is nervous about the outcome? In the article, I read something that explains my take.

With Palestinians seething over U.S. President Donald Trump’s recognition last month of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, he threatened on Tuesday to withhold aid money, accusing them of being “no longer willing to talk peace”.

What we’ve been doing isn’t working. The last 5 years in Palestine have been a complete mess. They can’t even get along enough with in their own country to unite their government and try to live in peace. If nothing else, they’ll understand budget cuts and hopefully develop a more “peaceful”, appreciating nature with in. Tough love may be the answer?

1 Like

People often forget that War is Peace.

Sure. Their GDP per capita is also higher than many of our other allies, most of which get nothing.

Why do you suppose their GDP per capita is higher? What did the Israelites do that the Palestinians did not?

Why do they need our money? What did they do to need it and the Palestinians do not?

Not be refugees? Not be occupied?