This is Why a Lot of People Don't Believe the Media

Ryan Lizza of Politico asked the question during Tuesday’s media briefing.

"What does the White House view, as having by election day, what does the White House view as the number of dead Americans where you can say that you successfully defeated this pandemic?" asked Lizza. “Is there a number?”

"Lizza put the same question to McEnany again.

"So when voters go to the polls in November, and they want to judge the president on his response to this pandemic, what is the number of dead Americans that they should tolerate, where they can argue that yes, he successfully defeated the pandemic?"

Good, solid, unbiased question.

He’s trying to play gotcha with the wrong press secretary.

What did the reporter lie about?

Why can Trump tout success by measuring deaths but a reporter can’t ask what number should be considered a success?

1 Like

Any questions that Trump or his spokesperson don’t like or can’t answer are gotcha questions, or nasty questions etc etc…

1 Like

Are you ■■■■■■■ kidding me?

This is akin to asking someone if they’ve stopped beating their spouse.

3 Likes

So we’re just going to pretend Trump never talked about administration success measured by death toll?

“If we could stay substantially under the 100,000, which was the original projection, I think we all did a very good job — even though it’s a lot of people,” President Donald Trump said at Wednesday’s coronavirus briefing. “The big projection being 2.2 million people would die if we did nothing!” he said. “That was another decision we made. Close it up. That was a big decision that we made.

1 Like

Not even close…Trump said he did a great job, the reporter asked how he comes to that conclusion.

1 Like

Trump already answered this question.

2 Likes

If Trump has said you can measure his success by the number of deaths then asking what number is considered successful is a reasonable question.

1 Like

First reply in the thread, and already the fabrications start.

m’dido didn’t say anything about lying.

Focus, man.

2 Likes

Second reply keeps up the lib strategy. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe you missed the thread title.

What reason would people have to not “believe” the “media”?

1 Like

No mention of LIE in the title either.

FOCUS, MAN!!

Not if he can’t answer it. Then it’s persecution.

Again

What reason would people have to not “believe” the “media”?

The word “lie” doesn’t need to appear for some to insinuate it.

For example If I said “I don’t believe Guvnah”, then my reasoning can only be that I think you are a liar or lying (I don’t, just an example). Otherwise what reason would I have not to believe you?

1 Like

Because they ask loaded questions spun through an agenda. In fact, that’s what the OP essentially said.

No mention of lies.

You made that up.

FOCUS, MAN!!!

2 Likes

If you don’t believe something that someone is telling you…what are they doing to you?

1 Like

FOCUS, MAN!!!

Would people here just take a second and focus?

2 Likes

75 million dead to end world war II. was that Success or failure? and was the price worth it?

Answer the question man!

2 Likes