This is perfect example of why many knelt during the National Anthem

From the police report the officer claims that a female passenger was moving frantically in the back seat of the car and at that point he became afraid. When he issued loud verbal commands no one complied. A woman going for a weapon would not be moving about frantically to draw attention to herself. It appears that she may have been trying to stash the stolen doll.

The officer could have de-escalated the situation instead of drawing his weapon. Plenty of evidence of shoplifting, none of armed robbery.

No. Although the person’s comment in response to asking for an ID with an address was odd, it did not merit such a reaction from the police officer.

The officer should have simply monitored the situation out of sight. If the man did anything suspicious then go and investigate. Someone picking up trash is not probable cause.

Reasonable suspicion is now the standard.

It’s reasonable suspicion that people picking up trash are trespassers?

How could there be reasonable suspicion given the circumstances?

As a matter of interest when the ALLEGED university employee confirmed that the student picking up the rubbish was indeed a student at the university and lived in the building why was he not required to provide PROOF that he worked at the university?

1 Like

Bull feces. There is a possibility of what you said but how about the second time, the third time or the fourth? As each non-compliance occurs, the probability increases.

Yep…I saw that video and the cop should be fired. He was absolutely out of control and out of line from what we must expect from a police officer.

its time to remove qualified immunity from the police. the cops kniow that for the most part they are immune from any type of real consequences for thgeir actions. at the mosty they lose their jobs despite commiting what for most people would be felonies.
nomore allowing bad cops to retire with pat at some future date. fire then and take away tgheir pensions. and start locking some of them up.

1 Like

This is the stupidest possible reason to kneel.

Kneeling because not every person in the U.S. is a good and decent person? Kneeling because there are bad people who abuse power? Take a knee until everybody acts responsibly? That is simply idiotic. There are a lot of crappy people in the world and there always will be. Disrespecting the flag won’t change that. It’s just plain dumb.

What ever makes a cop suspicious is reasonable.

You ever been screamed at by 3 or 4 people pointing guns at you?

Nope…I’ve always complied before it escalated to that point. Sometimes I drive without a plate on the back of my car. Not too long ago, I passed a state trooper who had someone pulled over. I looked in my rearview mirror and observed him run back to his patrol car, jump in, turn on the blue lights and come chase me down. I had to drive just a tad up the road because the car I was in was very low to the ground and the shoulder had just been scraped leaving a drop between the road and the shoulder that would have damaged my car. I didn’t go too far and was able to comply. The next thing I heard was a loud speak yelling to put my hands out of the car. I immediately put the window down and placed half of my body out of the car, led by both hands. That action toned the whole incident down and the officer approached me. We had a quick discussion and i was on my way. Had i not, there is NO QUESTION in my mind, it would have immediately escalated.

Then you don’t know. It’s one of the first things taught and most frequently violated rules of CQB.

Liberalism is not why Daniel Shaver and Tamir Rice were executed by cops.

1 Like

Are you just looking to be pulled over or do you rebuild/build cars and need to take them for a test drive?

Unfortunately there are not a lot of white people that would have gotten involved if they saw that many cops surrounding a melanin enhanced individual that was armed with a deadly garbage picking up claw.

My point was that there seem to be only one possible explanation why the uni employee was accepted without proof and I am sure you are also aware of the reason.

1 Like

Why would police engage in close quarters battle with shoplifters that had yet to show any aggression?

Bald white guy = Jason Statham and the cops knew they to stand down or get beat down?

I agree.