This can't be good...not good at all in fact

It’s not superiority at all but a recognition of reality.

I made no value judgement of the people who vote that way. Simply acknowledged that they do…for a variety of reasons.

I spend a lot of time volunteering in local races like local school board, so have met with hundreds and hundreds of local citizens. Do you know about 90+% of parents I talk to…whose kids are affected by the decisions a school board makes…know next to nothing about what school board members do, what the key issues they face are, nor indeed even know who their members are or who’s running?

I was just like them before I chose to get involved and understand why that is. I don’t feel superior to them because I’m involved now…I feel fortunate that I have the time to do it and so can educate them on how best to find out what’s going on themselves.

By and large people don’t take the time to get informed because it’s hard work and people are very busy. Stop attaching value judgements to simple statements of fact that I make.

I have no doubt Jay.

But now reverse that concept. Do you know that about 90 percent of politicians out there don’t understand what the people are faced with, lost of opportunities etc. Specially in rural areas and to some extent inner cities as well.

All to often those inner city politicians see goverment as leg up or a ticket out of there then to actually help those they’re suppose to represent.

As for your name recognition theory…if that was true Bush might have been the president. As you can see that theory didn’t go over too well. :wink:

You think Jeb Bush has more name recognition than Donald Trump?

Maybe a few years before 2016 he would have…but not after Trump became a raucous TV star.

You don’t appear to understand the very people you say whose situations you care about.

I never seen Trump show…never. I didn’t know what it was until it was mention during his campaign.

You think Trump name was more recognizable then Bush? Seriously?

I don’t care? I’m not the one that’s looking down my nose at em.

There you go again…making value judgements.

Words matter Jay…we see the moral judgement one makes here. :wink:

Could you please send two tweets to Trump? The first tweet would be “words matter” and the second tweet an explanation of the first tweet in the context of what Trump says and tweets.

I speak in facts 99.7% of the time.

I can see how that might cause you some confusion.

I see math isn’t your strong suit…

It’s not “name recognition theory.” And even if it were, Trump has been a household name for decades, longer than the Bushes.

It’s the idea that ANY publicity is good publicity. Trump was covered a lot-A LOT more than Jeb, and it’s largely because he made his own news. He surrounded himself with controversial people, made controversial statements, and got himself covered, and that helped him win both the primary and the general.

For someone who claims to know things. How you missed the target on this is interesting…

Neither is the truth for you…so i guess it all evens out

Trump won Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin all by less than one percentage point. I very much doubt that Trump will win all these three states again. Hillary didn’t campaign in Wisconsin, and Trump was able to win that state by not getting more votes than Romney in that state four years earlier. And Wisconsin’s GOP Governor lost his reelection bid last year.

I do worry about Trump winning Florida again. Hillary was able to win Miami-Dade County by 29.4%, but she still lost that state to Trump. Volusia County, Lake County and a few other Florida counties have gotten much more Republican leaning over the last several years.