Think Somebody Should Tell Her?

The basic problem with critical theory and race in this country is… well… race.

Critical Race Theory only looks at outcomes and only controls for race. It ignores all other factors. It uses the same exact lens for everything.

For example:

1. Black women are under represented in medicine!
  2. Black women are over represented in advanced degrees.

My next question is: Then what are they getting their degrees in and why?

Their only conclusion is: RACISM!!! AGGGGHHH!!!

There’s no logic to it. It’s just paranoia and protest about outcomes.

2 Likes

Once you need lawyers to talk to other lawyers because the lawyers have already made so many vague and voluminous statutes that no one can really understand them it’s all you can expect.

Produce nothing, drive up costs, consume without value added.

2 Likes

Well, it could have been worse….

… Biden could have chosen Ray Nagin … we all know how well he used busses.

3 Likes

I somehow doubt this, unless it was consciously sought out. I’m 60, the first couple of years of my life were spent in and out of the primary hospital where we lived. My earliest memories of medical professionals comes from that time. The most memorable nurse from then was what we would call today a big beautiful black woman. I was an extremely young child, spending weeks at a time in an oxygen tent crib. I was old enough to not need a crib at home, but to keep a child my age on oxygen meant a cage, with clear plastic covering and you lived in it day and night. She would bring me what I am sure was cherry koolaid and talk with me. I was in and out of that ward so many times. The last time I was discharged she wheeled me down to be released. I can still see her in my mind through the eyes of that child. Those periods separated from family and literally caged in isolation were traumatic enough to stick in my mind even today. My chocolate nurse (what mom told me I called her) was not the only African American medical professional I have seen through my 60 years, but she was the first.

She was a great pediatric nurse, because that was her calling, not because of her skin color (that made a little, little boy think she was chocolate). How about we just encourage “people” with the desire, skill and heart to go into medicine, instead of worrying what they look like.

1 Like

The “funding” should go where it has the best chance of success, not to a race.

In reading the article, I’m afraid I’m not losing sleep over financial aid that requires the recipients to work in both urban & rural underserved areas.

And I agree that minority Americans don’t always have access to quality health care.

But anything that “looks like America”? Yeah, that sounds pretty dumbass.