Think Somebody Should Tell Her?

The IT industry Fortune 500 and above didn’t get the memo they look more like India than America. I could care less of the color of my fellow employees but it’s definitely hurting American software engineers (Of all colors/genders) and the diversity police has never shown up once to the places I have worked to enforce diversity quotas.

The study found that while in 2019 about 12.1% of the entire U.S. workforce was Black, among the 10 health professions studied, Black representation ranged from 3.3% for physical therapists to 11.4% for respiratory therapists. The diversity index of Black workers in the health care professions studied was 0.54, showing that they are “very underrepresented in the health professions.”

For Latinos, who represented 18.2% of the U.S. workforce, their representation in the health professions ranged from 3.4% for physical therapists to a high of 10.8% for respiratory therapists. The resulting diversity index for Latino workers in health care was 0.34, making them also significantly underrepresented in the health professions.

Further, the overall health workforce is slightly more diverse than the overall U.S. population. However, close evaluation of occupational data reveal that the majority of people of color in healthcare jobs remain in entry-level and often lower paying jobs with little opportunity for advancement, such as aides, assistants, and technicians.

without it they have no reason for their ideology.

1 Like

Interesting you won’t name the state you are in.

In western PA our health care is appropriately diverse.

Even the HOUSE program was diverse and good fictional fun. Black and female Dean of medicine.

Blame Biden for picking an idiot as his backup.

1 Like

What would make sense are some minority scholarships and recruiting specifically for physical therapist.

FWIW. Physical therapy is one of the toughest programs to get accepted into Black or White or Pink.

What she’s attempting to say…IMO…without saying it is that too many African Americans have not worked their way through nursing, PA, NP or medical school. I’d wager the 1.5 billion is for scholarships if they do? Traditionally I’ve found that this begins much earlier on in one’s education to choose to personally work hard in middle and high school and that leads to a medical career.

Here in the US so many African Americans are not learning their basic foundation necessary that leads to a medical conclusion. It wasn’t long ago when it was news that in Baltimore, not one African American could pass the final math test. This money won’t buy that. This is a cultural problem IMO and it needs to start very early on in a child’s life that leads them down the path of education.

Case closed.

1 Like

The population of the country is predominantly white.

WOC, basically black women, are over-represented in advanced degrees. This fact leads to some conclusions:

1. The system is not racist.
  2. They are not choosing medicine as a field.
  3. Some degrees are harder than others.
  4. It is intentional to gain something other than money.

Let’s look at another (perceived) high cognitive profession - lawyering:

• 37% are women
  • 4.7% are black - down 0.1 from 2011
  • Latinos - 5% - up from 3.9%
  • Asians - 2.5% - up from 1.7%

Overall POC are 14.6%

The country added 8% more lawyers.

Of course these numbers don’t reflect the other members of the legal profession, only lawyers.

Is anybody really going to claim there is racism in legal studies?

Let’s look at HR

Human Resources Manager

• White - 62.0%
  • Hispanic or Latino - 17.0%
  • Black or African American - 10.1%
  • Asian - 8.1%

Very much aligned with portion of population with the exception of Asians.

I think we can all agree these numbers are the result of choice, not institutional anything.

Then of course there is the degree rate of white males… dropping.

Anyone who is going to claim institutional racism in higher education after two generations of Affirmative Action and race-favoring admissions policies is not an honest broker.

2 Likes

Leftists: “ThEy NeEd tO bE aLl PoC bEcAuSe DiVeRsItY”.

1 Like

In countries that have even stronger social safety nets then we do, think Nordic, women are even less likely to go into stem fields. Because, men and women aren’t necessarily interested in the same things. Ask any married guy.

1 Like

Great post …good information thanks.

On a side note…this country needs 8% more ambulance chasers why again?

(Just kidding)

2 Likes

Don’t look at veterinary medicine! Really racist! It dropped to less than 1% black nation in 2019!

My doctor…my lawyer…my veterinarian…

I don’t care about their race. I care about their competence.

that’s pretty much how they think

The think diversity is an end unto itself

2 Likes

Outstanding post that brings the facts.

:+1:

1 Like

yeah interesting post

what’s the source? just curious

democrats are total race baiters and hustlers

it’s a ■■■■■■■ shame

5v86lt

1 Like

Various. American Bar and other associations crying about outcomes mostly.

1 Like

That’s how we got a guy who formerly oversaw a fleet of 66 city busses as transportation secretary

2 Likes