Things like this is why Trump is good for America

Might as well make that the future campaign slogan for Trump apologists:

Donald '20 - We Didn’t Have a Choice

Two choices, I picked the best of the two. The others didn’t have a viable way of reaching the required electoral college numbers needed. Especially Mcmuffin.

And again, another who has no comment on what Trump has done.

Take the Golden state bridge for example. Using the safety regulation that we have today with availability of knowledge and technology…the bridge would have never been built.

And yes even with 11 dead it was impressive safety record.

So where do you draw the line?

I don’t know? Is that how long it takes because of safety and security requirements? Is the 6 month timeline arbitrarily built into a reg? If it is the latter, they should remove it and stick to requirements that may drive a 6 month timeline.

You’ll use the same rationale in 2020.

Well as technology advances, we understand better how to build in more safety checks to help keep down the mortality rate. So although the golden gate bridge was built with less regulation, it does not mean it was inherently safe by today’s standards.

Ideally you would have balance… but regulations are necessary for industries that build products that if built the wrong way, could harm or kill people unnecessarily

Cool. I love space travel. But I am still planning to vote for a Democrat as my next Senator in AZ here.

In this regards I agree, the balance between safety and getting the job done needs to be maintain.

But keep in mind it is pushing it to envelope is where we discover new technology. We can’t allow safety concerns to dampen that push.

I also have my one theory. In most case we learn more by failure then when things go according to plan.

That’s one theory…other one is my best work is by accident. :wink:

article says all the approvals will be one stop shopping instead of approvals from multiple agencies.

Depends on if there is a conservative third party candidate that has a pathway to winning. Last election Mcmuffin couldn’t even figure out how to get on Utah’s ballot.

And I did not vote for Trump in the Utah equivalent of a primary (They called it a preference poll at caucus meetings).

To say “I had no choice”, or “he was the lesser of two evils” in 2016 implies you were less than enthusiastic about voting for Donald were concerned Clinton would have won so you laid back and thought of America. That’s not a ringing endorsement of Donald himself, obviously. Has he done anything since then to retain your support in 2020? In other words, would you abandon Donald if a “conservative third party candidate with a pathway to winning” such as you describe emerges?

But McMuffin did manage to get over 20% of the vote in Utah. He is the first third-party candidate to get over 20% in a State since Perot back in 1992.

In life typically we learn more from failure than we do from success, however I know that wearing a seatbelt is better than not wearing one… without having experienced that. Millions had to die for me to get that safety requirement. Technology allowed us to get to that point.

For me regulations must be in the interest of safety and security. Safety could be financal, physical, or logical. Where we can, we should us technology to our advantage to try to make smart regulations without having to make the mistakes first.

1 Like

If that is the case then I agree if those agencies aren’t necessary to view our safety and security. I am all for efficiency!

No it’s not a ringing endorsement of Trump.

So for I’m fairly happy with his performance.

This coming budget. I would like to see massive budget cuts. All departments all agencies. Get the R’s on board, get The Don on board. Dem’s – if they won’t let the budget through, put it all on THEIR shoulders.

Actually, he got 0% vote. The electoral college legally could not count him in the running because he screwed up in how he filed to run in Utah.

Mcmuffin couldn’t even figure that part out. not a bright man.

If a third party conservative (or GOP primary challenger) with a “viable pathway to winning the general election” were to emerge, would you abandon Donald?

No…not until the backs of libs have been broken.

Trump needs to finish his job.

More than likely yes. BUT it need to be a true conservative that is going to appoint those who will follow the constitution to the courts. Keep the tax cuts. Cut the budget. Pull regulations back to what the law requires (aka consumer federation bureau).

Right now it’s all on the republican’s shoulders. They unilaterally cut taxes without touching spending. If they can’t cut spending to match their tax cuts, it’s still on their shoulders. It’s pretty irresponsible to cut taxes and then blame the other party for the economic consequences.

1 Like