Things are starting to smell fishy with the impeachment inquiry

But, but, but… probable cause…

There’s nothing about impeachment that makes it a coup:

coup

/ko͞o/

noun

a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

More accurately:

An inquiry into a president threatening to withhold aid to a nation in exchange for dirt on a potential Trump 2020 opponent has begun. A fact-finding inquiry.

The Banana Republic stuff is the Trump admin refusing to turn over documents or let officials testify. Seems strange. If they did nothing wrong, they shouldn’t have any problem cooperating, right? Right?

2 Likes

There is a HUGE difference between public opinion (" talk radio hosts, and people") and the kangaroo courts and formal investigations and congressional probes and committees that are ongoing now.

You know that.

The impeachment is fake news. Just like the whistleblowers are fake news as I said from the beginning.

I’ve wondered about this. And while I don’t hold a candle to opinion pieces, I do believe that’s true given the DOJ conduct so far. Barr is exactly the little puppet Trump wanted.

Any legal counsel anywhere near Donald Trump is going to be forced to make a silly argument at some point.

Andrew Johnson was impeached on a bunch of vacuous nonsense and the one actual clear charge…that he violated the Tenure of Office Act…he actually did not violate.

There’s no “standards to be met”. If the House decides to impeach a President, the President is impeached.

Impeachment itself is a political tool.

1 Like

The radical republicans absolutely hated Johnson.

The house made up charges and he was this close to being removed.

Allan

They did and Pelosi refused, but you knew that. But thanks for confirming you don’t care about the truth. You just want him gone.

2 Likes

What on Earth are you chest-thumping about?

I want the truth, and that makes me wonder why Trump is refusing to let anyone from his administration testify or why he’s refusing to release documents on the matter.

Trump could reveal the truth unto all of us very easily but he is refusing to do so.

If you are suggesting that the only way we will get the truth is if the GOP gets what they want then I have some swamp land to sell you in Florida.

Trump could put this whole thing to bed really easily so why won’t he?

1 Like

But you tell us everything bad about Trump is fake news.

So you don’t want him to be able to defend himself. you just want him to handle over anything and everything. Thanks for admitting it.

Now explain how is asking to have both sides calling witnesses is chest thumping?

There is no impeachment.

Just an inquiry.

Big difference.

anyone can leak the classified conversations of a President if it is deemed politically valuable even if second hand ? :face_with_monocle:

Do the people who are pursuing this even understand the long term, undermining ramifications of the precedent they are setting?

1 Like

The terribly aggressive way that you’re approaching this conversation is the chest-thumping. We can continue if you knock it off.

In the meantime, let me remind you that the House is basically a grand jury and grand juries don’t allow the person to come in and defend themselves.

If they bring charges then the Senate will hold a trial and Trump will be able to defend himself at that trial.

Was Clinton able to defend himself leading up to his impeachment from the House?

1 Like

What do you believe that precedent is?

With the way they are heading you may get your wish.

1 Like

This matter would be easily remedied. Pelosi just needs to open up the voting. Will she buckle? Will she let her minions down again? I say absolutely.

1 Like

Open the voting for what? Please cite the rule or law or statute that requires impeachment inquiries to happen only after a vote.

You certainly don’t.