Things are starting to smell fishy with the impeachment inquiry

We dont know that, because it’s not true.

The whistleblower forms always had a checkbox where they could select “Heard it from someone else”. The only thing that changed was a confusingly worded statement.

How else are they to be selected?

Election? Purely political process.

Selection by a judicial committee? Just as political.

Unfortunately over the last few decades starting around the nominations of Bourke and Thomas there’s nothing more political than SCOTUS appointments.

Democrats want to appoint political activists that will read things into The Constitution and Laws that are not there and Republicans mostly try to appoint strict textualists and/or constructionists.

I can’t see any way to take politics out of it other than to flush the senate rules completely and limit them to nothing but an up or down vote based on qualifications.

About 12 people were in on the call and dozens of people have access to the files.

1 Like

You have a point because hearsay is perfectly legal.

All of which are other employees on the National Security Staff.

Legal how exactly? It’s generally considered the least reliable evidence one can get which is why under most circumstances it is inadmissible in court.

And what’s your point

Linda tripp was hearsay. The stenographer is hearsay rose.

It’s a weak argument

1 Like

BS, the court reporter is the official reporter of the court records.

Linda Tripp was Sexually harassed by Clinton, she was the subject of the harassment and the person who filed the case.

Why don’t you read back and see if you can divine it on your own.

Ummm. No.

Try again.

1 Like

You know what yiou’re right. She was punished as a a whistleblower and she used recordings of her conversations with Lewinsky as evidence of what was going on.

Actually, she illegally recorded phone conversations, and was given immunity from wiretapping charges in exchange for handing over the tapes.

1 Like

She was a whislteblower who was targeted by the administration for personal destruction for blowing the whistle.

Starr Gave her Immunity for the recordings.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/463861-what-the-linda-tripp-case-can-teach-us-about-whistleblowers-and

Was she a “whistleblower”?

Apparently the definition of “whistleblower” is once again a topic of discussion on this board, and I’ve seen a lot of people claiming that the current whistleblowers are not really whistleblowers, because they don’t fit the statutory definitions.

Did Tripp meet those statutory definitions? Link?

1 Like

I’m not arguing statutory definitions. If you want to litigate it pass the bar and go argue it in court.

:rofl:

So you just want me to take your word for it?

2 Likes

I don’t care what you accept, that’s the recorded history.

That she was a “whistleblower”?

No, it isn’t.

You see her as a moral and patriotic “whistleblower” because that’s your narrative.

I see her as a scumbag who betrayed her friend’s confidence and illegally recorded their phone calls to get her 15 minutes of fame.

3 Likes

Then take it up with everyone else, the lawyers, authors and judges that say she was a whistleblower.