There is a lesson here

The DHS was not a brain child of republicans.

3 Likes

I don’t like the term “homeland”, especially in government.

3 Likes

Uh huh.

“President George W. Bush initially created Homeland Security as an office inside the White House 10 days after the terrorist attacks of 2001. Bush announced the creation of the office and his choice of Assistant to the President for the department, Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, on September 21, 2001.6” Why the Department of Homeland Security Was Created

Tell us another one. :laughing:

Yes, he created it. It was not the brainchild of republicans.

A, not the. There have been several.

1 Like

Look under civil defense and national security act. And then read Hart-Rudman Commission

1 Like

Would you please provide at least one piece of concrete evidence for the blanket assertions you are making here?

1 Like

Because it appears in Cohen’s report, therefore the Republicans are absolved of overwhelmingly voting for it (only 10 GOP reps and Senators voted against it…there was much more Democratic resistance to it)?

The libs made them do it. Because that’s how weak they are.

1 Like

I remember the one time I ever managed to call into a radio show with my qualms about the Patriot Act, the conservative host assured me that this was war, and not to be alarmed…when the war was over, these powers given by the Patriot Act would go away.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

The War on Terror continues to this day.

Except the enemy has changed.

Ah so if it was a “different enemy”, this incredibly GOP-supported agency would be perfectly fine?

It’s amazing the things which are perfectly fine…until those things are turned against people and groups one supports.

Then they’re the Most Evil Thing In The World.

Desperately trying to seek my attention?

No, not absolved. Just not the brainchild.

Did you start this thread so no one would respond?

If so, that sounds kind of ignorant.

Ignorant?

Maybe if you are smart you would realize I was directing it at my follow Republicans/Conservatives.

Why is calling people ignorant a fall back position for you?

Who was this directed towards?

Yet another reason to use the quote function.

I’m relying on your highly intelligent brain to compensate for my lack of intelligence. :wink:

Just answer the simple question,

Who was this directed towards?

Are your follow Republicans/Conservatives Desperately trying to seek your attention?