There are so many laws I am not aware of

I am not a user of Marijuana but I was unaware of this law:

I can’t help but wonder what other laws I don’t know about?

Does this mean if I were a user of Marijuana and protected by family using a firearm I could go to prison?

Looks like it to me. Obviously no issue with someone getting ■■■■■■■■■ on alcohol and owning firearms.

More idiotic federal laws surrounding the use of marijuana.

4 Likes

Use pot and become a complete vassal of the federal government.

Read the fine print on your bong and medical pot package.

Well there’s one campaign promise President Trump didn’t keep. Well not so much a promise as a statement of intent- to let states decide on marijuana legality.

Then in office he rescinded the Cole Memorandum, directed his DOJ to pursue federal charges vigorously again, and in one of his last acts sought to remove protections even for state medical marijuana laws.

So get with it GOP!

Interesting.

During a time when his father, President Joe Biden, is making the case for further restricting gun rights, the younger Biden might look to use recent legal precedent to shield himself from charges, should they come down, the report said.

3 Likes

I generally like the law but can we extend it to non-users as well ? :wink:

4 Likes

1 Like

…and I go over the speed limit almost every day too. :wink:

Joe Biden fired white house staff that admitted to marijuana use. GeT wITh iT dNc!!

LINK!!!

The funny thing is pot today, despite all the nonsense about how strong it is, is very weak and getting weaker compared to cheap pot in 1965. Pot science is fake.

1 Like

That’s how they get you. Legalized weed is watered down turf grass.

1 Like

Question 21g., on Form 4473 Firearms Transaction Record (required for the purchase of firearms through a dealer)

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Answering “Yes” to that question will result in the sale being disapproved. Answering “No” and subsequently be found to have lied could result in the gun being confiscated and you going to prison.

However, the chances of being “found out” are slim to none unless you are in possession (or high) when the police investigate the shooting. And of course, DA discretion comes into play as well.

1 Like

It’s not new. This has been the law since 1993. (The Brady Act)

He clearly lied on the Form 4473. He absolutely should be arrested and tried. He is welcome to plead his 2nd Amendment Rights in court. And if he wins, question 21g., should be removed from the form.

Its still an idiotic law.

No … The marijauna law is idiotic, not the law that addictive mind-altering drug users should be prohibited from buying guns. With very few exceptions, nobody wants addictive drug addicts to have guns. The problem is with marijauna users being lumped in with them.

Probably born of the crack epidemic. I remember a guy in high school high on crack that shot his mom and dad. He’s still in prison.

Not to give credence to this law, in his particular case, it wouldn’t have made a difference, but just musing over the potential motivation.

The lesson? Crack heads lie.

But they lie…

Everybody lies.