The World Libs Are Demanding

Same as the number of black men. They were discriminated against too for years so that white men could continue pretending they are superior to everyone.

In the title.

Academic Science Rethinks All-Too-White ‘Dude Walls’ Of Honor

… and?

Marie Curie won the Nobel Prize in 1911

Ralph Bunche won a Nobel Prize in 1950

Alice Hamilton won a Lasker in 1947

V. Anomah Ngu won a Lasker in 1972

So that claim is bull ■■■■■

Rockefeller University has had 20 Lasker awardees and 25 Nobels. They have a total population of 232, all enrolled in graduate programs - they don’t give out degrees in Lesbian Pronouns. There are 140 males and 92 females. 107 white, 6 black and 23 Asian students. 189 are over 25.

Are you claiming this school is oppressing women and minorities in 2019 in New York?

Which one comes down so a woman can go up?

Rosalind Franklin got screwed out of sharing the Nobel with Watson and Crick.

So did whoever should have won it when they kissed Obama’s ass.

3 Likes

I think that the title of the OP is misleading. This is the Rush tactic. Take one position from one liberal personality and then generalize it everyone on the left. As a lib, I’m not really concerned by the piece. Still, Marie Curie was overlooked in the consideration of her first Nobel Prize. It was the intervention of her husband that forced the committee to include her in the award. I suspect that this is not the only time women have been overlooked for their achievements.

2 Likes

Well if you want to change your question to include women from everywhere in the world instead of your original question about Rockefeller U then fine. But my answer to your original question and it stands.

No. Nowhere in my answer did I even hint that that is something I was claiming. But rage on fella!!!

Who needs to go up on the wall at Rockefeller?

You got nothing. You made a bull ■■■■ claim about women and minorities being shut out of the two awards.

Now you want to limit it to Rockefeller U, but you’re not saying it is racist or misogynist. You’ve trapped yourself in the narrative.

Name one woman or minority from Rockefeller who was passed over for either award.

Who needs to? My mother graduated from medical school in 1949. She became an orthopedic surgeon, as was my father. My mother was awarded the alumni of the year from her undergraduate college. I don’t know if her picture is on the wall. I’m just saying that I suspect that women’s achievements have been, historically, overlooked. Maybe that is different now, or for some institutions in the past.

1 Like

Prove it.

prove what?

Prove that my mother was an orthopedic surgeon?

I’m just saying that I suspect that women’s achievements have been, historically, overlooked.

No I did not. That would be stupid.

Everyone knows that women and blacks have won the nobel. You asked about Rockefeller and I answered about Rockefeller. You’re just flying off the handle because of your rage about the white dude wall.

Let it go.

I have no idea if they still discriminate now or not and my answer made no claim about now. But I know they sure as hell did for a very long time along with virtually every other university in this country.

lol - You really can’t grasp that those years of discrimination might have even a little something to do with the fact that it’s only been white men from Rockefeller U that have received a nobel over the years, can you?

I can’t prove to you that my mother was an orthopedic surgeon. And so was my father. My oldest brother is a psychiatrist. My sister is a pediatrician. My younger brother is a chef. My youngest brother is an internist. I am a Ph.D archaeologist, geologist, and science teacher. If you want me to prove that, I’m sure there is a way to do this confidentially. If you want me to prove that that I suspect that the achievements of women have been under-appreciated over the past century, I don’t think I can. But we both have access to the Google machine. Good luck proving me wrong.

Uncertainty is disconcerting. But it’s there. Nothing has an exact length, volume, mass, amperage, temperature, etc. It’s a little disconcerting. Yet, we have to live with it.

Another bull ■■■■ claim.

I didn’t say anything about your family. Pay attention.