The White House Is Revoking Press Passes En Masse

If there are no briefings there doesn’t need to be press passes.

I agree, it is not a good move by Trump. The optics are horrible.

The suggestion I sent to the White House was better.

Americans

Not really. Given the antics and outright partisanship of the press corp, most Americans think they’re spoiled brats that need a good slap down.

1 Like

There are folks who are defending this move by the President.

A lot of folks who defend it probably believe that the value in shrouding the Presidency in the dark is worth the cost.

They don’t want America to know the things that press would expose. Nor do they want to know themselves. Because they know in their innermost selves that what it will reveal is something they know to be wrong and that they are culpable.

2 Likes

:joy:

You speak for most Americans in this regard?

Ehhhh, Fox and Friends.

Yes…their antics. They are the ones acting like brats.

I could do without Acosta’s routine though.

What they want is irrelevant. It is not a 1st Amendment issue.

True. They don’t like their status symbol taken away.

As much as any of you do. The fact that “Most American’s” would be against this is no more valid than My saying that Most Americans think they’re spoiled brats.

The fact is, the press corp does not ask questions of the President, but of the Press Secretary. There is no constitutional right for them to have access to the press Secretary. They ONLY have the right to print or report their opinion.

For Me, I would have instituted a deli solution to the whole thing.

Each day, the Press corp would be required to take a number from one of the paper number dispensers or draw a chip from a bowl with a number on it…

That number would indicate the order in which they would be called to ask their question.

They would be permitted to ask just ONE single subject question. No questions in multiple parts, no compound questions.

If the question has been asked prior to their being called, they can ask a different question than the one they initially wanted to ask, or if they asked anyway, the response would be, “Asked and answered”.

The press briefing would last until every number is called.

They then put the number back in the bowl, or a new dispenser would be provided for the next day.

The press briefing would be quick, through, and fair to everyone.

The majority of the press corp are acting like brats.

I like it. They act like hyenas.

1 Like

I don’t.

The press isn’t “exposing” Trump. Twitter is.

I’m sure you would be this easy going if it was a D president who kicked he press out.

You seriously don’t understand why this is important? Or you just don’t care?

A free press is a very large reason why our democracy is so strong today.

Sorry you don’t understand the greatness of america. You should maybe open history book.

Not really. But people love to hate the people Trump hates.

A typical white house press briefing, when they existed, usually involves the President tweeting something outrageous. Either outright false or just incendiary name calling etc. The press asks SHS about it. SHS lies about it, plays dumb about it, or says the president stands by his tweet and tries to move on. The press whines to SHS about her answer. SHS whines about the press not taking her “answers” and moving on. It’s all garbage.

What a ridiculous echo chamber statement

1 Like