The war on Drugs got just a little hard or easier depending on who you asked

“For medical Use”.

It’s still illegal for recreational use and it’s illegal period in the US under Federal law.

Well that certainly isn’t true.

Marijuana Cocaine Heroin Methamphetamine Fentanyl Other
Nationwide Total 41,863 2,717 405 6,366 200 104

Canada seems to disagree with you. They think weed is now legal.

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/

The person I replied to only mentioned “medical use”.

Yes it seems we’re both wrong as of last October which will of course make it even more difficult on US authorities to keep pot from flowing in across our borders.

Well, not exactly. Your very first post stated Canada was illegal, even though you did go on to agree that it was legal medically, but not for recreational use.

But now that it’s cleared up, all the more reason for the US to legalize federally for recreational use.

1 Like

Oh wow forty one thousand pounds. That’s super impressive.

None of this changes the fact that most American weed is grown in America now.

I don’t care what they do, legalize, etc. as long as they outlaw vaping.

Why is it we should want to keep out marijuana?

There are far worse drugs coming in from China in particular—look up the stimulant “flakka”. Friend of mine died after rapidly getting addicted to that particular substance.

Can you point to anyone who has died from marijuana use? Heck, I myself have been far more impaired after a Benadryl I V in the Emergency Room.

Just two of those OTC feels like a big hangover from alcoholic beverages, & I hear no fussing about Benadryl.

We should want to keep marijuana out because…?

1 Like

I buy as a recreational customer even though inflammatory health problems like arthritis & migraines are eligible for medical licensure.

I think I’m going to go ahead, even though the exam is expensive, get the license as there are hefty taxes in the Commonwealth on recreational marijuana purchases (am currently missing an arm and a leg).

Two things that would end if I was in charge here:

Taxes on recreational use, and

Discriminatory practices in employment strictly for a positive THC test. What should be considered, IMO, is can the employee function? Do they show proof of impairment? Can they perform adequately the job they accept?

Just my NSHO on the issue.

Agree with both, although I think it should be taxed like anything else. The taxes on recreational use here is way higher than medical, so I keep my medical card. It’s $80.00/yr. I think they’re trying to phase medical out though. More stores are going recreational when their city/suburb allows it.