The Visionless GOP

What exactly does “Penalizing Progressive Prosecutors” mean?

1 Like

Read the article. Funding.

Yeah… but what makes one a Progressive Prosecutor?

Is this a Dirty Harry movie?

Well, where I live the DA won’t prosecute thefts under $700. Somebody blatantly steals your iPad right in front of you and no prosecution, because of diapers and food and stuff.
Now use force to get it back and the thief is injured and find yourself arrested.

2 Likes

Are they though?

Or are they not felonies?

Wow! The DA is really strict there. Some places the limit $950. :wink:

Same thought here.

It is the DA’s policy not to prosecute under $700. What difference does it make if it’s a felony or misdemeanor? Both can be prosecuted.

2 Likes
1 Like

McConnell needs to go and he needs to take Graham with him.

Winner?

The first step of the “Restoring the American Family Principles” plan is to “protect children from far-left ideologies like the transgender movement and racist ideology in their schools,” in addition to “Big Tech and the internet” and “other influences that cause trauma, endanger children’s health or otherwise blunt their development into functional adult citizens.”

Fail on first point. Big tech and the internet aren’t going anywhere.

No doubt. It is also very ambiguous, probably intentionally so.

I read the rest of it.

Hear! Hear!

1 Like

These are all buzzwords and culture war tropes meant to anger voters. Nothing here is actually helpful.

1 Like

Louise, I’m the Vice President of the Coalition for Moral Order! My co-founder has just died in the bed of an underage black whore!

1 Like

I don"t care at all for this guy. Blind. Hog. Acorn.

So, if you want to save the country and move in a different direction, yes using some mediocre people to do it, what are you going to do? No hint of what you might do for Mitch McConnell other than just accept the inevitable. Now, the truth is, it’s entirely possible Mitch McConnell doesn’t want to retake the Senate because then you’d have to run things and there’s one thing Republican leaders dislike. It’s running anything, much easier to complain on Fox News, but if you actually wanted to win, what would you do? Well, here’s an idea just kind of out of nowhere. Just spitballing here. How about you run on issues that voters care about? That might work even for a mediocre candidate.

Emphasis mine.

1 Like

The GOP has a vision. It involves violence against their perceived enemies.

1 Like

Too late?

Still no vision.

Going to pretend that is GOP approved?

2 Likes