The US the Greatest Country on Earth?

Progressivism, in this country, allows you and I to make silly posts on a virtual platform from 1500 miles away. It allowed me to be able to marry my wife… allow me to be a citizen, all my property tax to be the lowest in the nation, allowed me the ability to legally partake in weed. Etc.

I appreciate what that mindset as afforded me and in the ups and downs of the country… that freedoms has trended upwards.

That’s all I can ask for.

2 Likes

Japan, Germany… visited a bunch more.

Just means it’s not another country’s responsibility to change if you want to move there and yes if you want to move there you should assimilate.

1 Like

lol

if you love the south, prove it by not moving there

2 Likes

Have you ever lived anywhere else?

Depends how you measure “lived,” but probably not.

That I agree with 100%. I don’t think I agree with “assimilate”.

I operated in LATAM for 25 years. I didn’t assimilate nor did I become a Latino. I never stopped being who I was, just did the things I had to do to function.

I never voted in their elections. I never imposed demands or accommodations for me on their system.

1 Like

Lived. Work, play, survive, operate inside their system.

Then no - I’ve never lived outside of the United States.

Interesting. Yet…

I think you should consider it. There are a couple of places which appear to be more advanced on your political spectrum.

Go have an experience.

Oh. I’ve definitely considered it.

But as we’ve already discussed, I don’t think of politics as a road towards an end goal.

I will say this, I haven’t been to Europe in years and have never lived there. From my research, their governments in general seem to do less infantilization than the US. And that is a positive in my book.

And of course while theirs is not scalable, our healthcare system is a freakin’ disaster. I can see the attraction of emulation.

1 Like

That is a mistake. Politics impacts every facet of every life, no matter the end goal.

No, I don’t think it’s a mistake at all. It keeps me from falling down the rabbit holes I see all of you guys fall down.

I’m well aware of what politics impacts.

Obviously you’re not aware of it?

I’m down a “rabbit hole”, but you’re not? Yet here we both are.

What is it that you think I’m not aware of?

Yes. All of this is correct.

That it is is the pothole on every road to every end goal.

You aren’t talking about you running for office are you?

What rabbit hole am I down that you are not?

I don’t understand.

No, definitely not.

I know

Just making sure