The Twitter Files

As of April 15th, you have to buy Twitter Blue in order for other people to see your posts automatically.

It doesn’t mean as much to me, since the last time I posted on Twitter was like 15 years ago - but I read it every day, and I’m pretty confident that when the people I follow stop showing up on my feed (because none of them will buy Twitter Blue), I’ll stop reading.

If you want your posts seen publicly, yes. You know… the “town square”

Yes, I know.

Not everyone in the “town square” hears your spouted crap either. The inference was that there was a fee in order to post on Twitter. I’m not seeing under the Twitter Blue info where your tweets are not seen by the public in the list of perks for having a blue mark.

hmmmm

2 Likes

:rofl:

It helps to not cut my post off mid-sentence.

Is he charging everyone? Stop acting stupid

1 Like

He is charging those who want to speak and be heard.

He’s not charging the people who just come to read - but they’ll all leave as soon as they have no one to listen to.

Can you still post to your friends and followers?

Yes it might hurt him.

Is a newspaper curtailing free speech when they charge you to buy it?

1 Like

“Free speech,” legally speaking, has nothing at all to do with Twitter.

But rather than going down that rabbit-hole, I’ll go for the low-hanging fruit - Musk isn’t “charging for the paper” - he’s giving the paper away for free, and charging people to write it.

OK thanks

I can’t find anything about the new rule you are talking about.

1 Like

But muh town squares! :joy:

He did talk a big game…how disappointing

1 Like

What does the Twitter Blue info actually say?

:rofl:

You think Musk is lying?

Thanks, do you agree it is a way to help combat bots? He also said before it was a way to combat impersonation accounts. Doesn’t stop it obviously.

Sure a real town square won’t charge me to be heard and seen by others in the town square that aren’t my friends.

Not my inference. He’s charging money for certain speech… on the “public square”. Not very public squarey now is it?

It’s a way to monetize bots. Bots can be “verified.”

I’m asking you to point out where it says your tweets cannot be seen by everyone in the Twitter Blue information itself.