The Twitter Files

Gotcha. As others have said this is to supplement ad income. Revenue from advertising is not sufficient to meet Twitters needs.

So not only does Musk have the same challenges as any other traditional business that relies on advertising, he now is reliant on providing enhanced value to justify a subscription model which results in anyone willing to pay having a louder voice on Twitter. Even bot services are eligible to subscribe.

Many on this forum said Musk would return free speech to twitter and has the financial resources to do so without being reliant on anyone else. Even though Musk did not use his own money and got a consortium of investors.

The moral of this story is not to let ego drive business decisions. Musks ego was why he was forced to buy Twitter. He loved how he was suddenly popular and it fed his ego. He tried to wriggle out of the sale and its been a headache for him since then.

Still a vastly better platform with him at the helm.

Is that his words?

As someone who uses it daily I can honestly say I have seen very little difference. The tweets I got pre Musk I still get.

US political tweets are not the largest area of interest. In 2021 government and politics tweets and retweets was 26% which leaves a whopping 74% on other topics. Twitter is not the location for political discourse that people think.

Iā€™m working on trying to build up sympathy for that foolish Musk, as I check my meager assets on Quicken. Iā€™m finding it hard to do.

3 Likes

Not sure why Iā€™d ever have sympathy for him either. I could buy way cooler things than Twitter. :rofl:

5 Likes

No mate mine. But when your company is only worth half of what you paid for it and the amount of time you have to spend with that business at the expense of your other businesses I think we can say its a headache.

He is finding its harder to combat the bots than he thought. His first rush at a subscription model had to be reworked and now with as revenue not increasing his only hope is that subs make up the difference. At some point his investors will want to see more than just cute tweets from Musk.

I admire Musk for his big picture goals and he is a genius but that does not mean its impossible for him to make mistakes.

:rofl:

Spoken like someone who has never used Twitter.

1 Like

I canā€™t take the slpainin for anything other than that. For all I know, he likes this better than whatever the hell else that brain pan is up to.

Iā€™m more interested in the docudumps anyway. :wink:

Agreed docudumps are interesting .

1 Like

Not for free speech.

Yes it is you just donā€™t like that he let the other side talk.

4 Likes

How dare heā€¦

2 Likes

For a monthly fee.

Do you use Twitter?

How specifically has your user experience been better, since Musk took over?

1 Like

Know I know why I stopped debating you, you wonā€™t stop lieing.

4 Likes

Why do you care? I didnā€™t say it was better. You guys said it was worse but canā€™t provide anything but but but musk

Heā€™s not charging a monthly fee?

Sure looks like you did - at least for ā€œfree speech.ā€

Oh no, I can describe exactly how Twitter has gotten worse since Musk bought it. You know, because I use it.

The biggest issues revolve around how heā€™s broken the software (and fired the people who know how to fix it).

He has also artificially boosted his own Twitter feed, chased away legitimate advertisers to the point that scam ads are now being promoted by Twitter, and has made a series of business decisions that have single-handedly cut the value of the company by half.

To everyone, every month in order to post on Twitter?

1 Like