The Twitter Files

Ok. So it is clear we all agree that social media can have an effect on elections. I think we all agree.
As to what the Russians did, that has been addressed thousands of times in this forum and at least belongs in a different thread. This is a total deflection to a different topic.

1 Like

Except you guys literally cried to the high heavens that social media in that case didnt affect the election.

Different topic, and not true.

My point with the Russians was that this was true in 2016 when some on the left were being laughed at for saying it.

Thatā€™s all. Then you brought up some weird leftist accounts in Russia and it went weird lol.

Anyway back to Twitter influencing elections.

Very very true

No. The argument then was whether specific actions involving social media changed the election, not that social media had no effect on elections.
And in any case, certainly you would agree that social media can effect electionsā€¦

Yes.

And in this case I think Hunters pecadilloes had nothing to do with Trump losing the election. It was a non issue to voters outside of the MAGAverse.

You can see that by Trump screaming into the wind that the Hunter issue should cause him to be reinstated. And no ones listeningā€¦because its embarassing,

1 Like

Ok. Now we are at least back to relevance.

And, imo, it is sad that so many peoples opinions are influenced by what they see in Facebookā€¦but here we are.

Why is it sad?

Do political ads on TV also influence political opinion? Itā€™s just reality.

Marketing works

Perhaps I was a bit hyperbolic. The weaseling is in fact kicked in to overdrive. :rofl:

4 Likes

Perhaps it is inevitable. As trust in news media reaches new lows, where do you go for information?

1 Like

Thatā€™s an excellent way of putting it. The problem arises when it becomes the primary or the sole source. It is also a massive problem when the reliance upon the author starts getting abused by the author with all kind of nonsens

Well naturally untrusted sources with very little oversightā€¦

Elton John leaving twitter. Elon begging him to stay. Why?

Elon: ā€œI love your music. Hope you come back. Is there any misinformation in particular that youā€™re concerned about?ā€

So lame.

Only libs were pushing censorship.

3 Likes

oh i understand your point whether you realize it is or not

the point is that it went on, like everyone knew but the left and democrats denied

liars.

new narrative: doesnt make a difference

1 Like

democrats and loon left have been shown to be abject liars

congrats

donā€™t worry it wont matter. you got ballot boxes faulty machines and bulletproof us mail

2 Likes

Twitter should be burned to the ground. But again welcome to the party.

i didnt say that. im not at whatever stupid party you are at