The Trump administration raised tariffs on China

Yeah it’s like how some cons like to Google for a news title but don’t actually read the article.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t waste my time trying to make sense of one of his tweets. An exercise like that can cause headaches.

Yeah, no it isn’t.

Brilliant!

1 Like

Buffett said, acknowledging the high stakes of the “dangerous game” being played by the world’s two biggest economic superpowers. "It doesn’t mean it’s a game that shouldn’t be engaged in."

“I’ve had a consistent way of negotiating,” Buffett said. “I just say what I’ll do, and I don’t do anything else. People really know that’s what I mean.”

Nice cherries.

Who said this isnt a game that shouldnt be played?
What has been said is that trump is a moron who has constantly lost money and was bailed out by his father.

Buffet on the other who yes has lost money is also worth a ton more. I’d take buffet over trump any day…and I know buffet gakes the system as well…

Not cherries at all. I read the article before I posted it.

Hey, but we have a president who threatens everything and rarely follows through on anything.

All the other world leaders know that Trump is temporary and is trying to scare them. None of them are going to fall for it.

Many of them are in for life or longer terms so they don’t have to play the games from the bully.

Now, had Trump actually sat down with them and made it a win win situation (as adults) then they may have played ball. As it is they’re just gonna wait him out.

2 Likes

Might want to look at the post I responded to.

This is a game that has to be played. The question is how to play it.

He followed through on the tariffs. Isn’t that why you’re here complaining.

’ "Different people negotiate deals in different ways, Buffett noted. He added that the way Trump is negotiating with China is not how he would handle it “at all,” suggesting a more take-or-leave it approach.

“I’ve had a consistent way of negotiating,” Buffett said. “I just say what I’ll do, and I don’t do anything else. People really know that’s what I mean.” ’

I just said that…

Precisely. They know there will be an adult in the White House again in either 2021 or 2025 - all they have to do is wait until that happens, then the US will be able to negotiate in good faith again.

Keep those tariffs running. The economy is all Trump needs for 2020.

Of course they will be paid by the consumer…Just like taxes. Who ever purchases the product inevitably pays for all costs all the way to the final sale. No one sells a product to take a loss.

As opposed to just bluff, bluff and more bluff.

2 Likes

He doesn’t have to play it the way you or Buffett want him to, Buffett obviously understands that.

Funny how all the times you libs have shrieked “Government is not like business!” Yet you show a businessman who’s never been in government as confirmation of your bias.

1 Like

Was he bluffing on the tariffs at 12:01 this morning?

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like