The September 10th ABC Debate

For those holding out hope that the debate will potentially alter Kamala’s momentum…You might want to take a look at the Harris-Pence debate from 2020.

Most called it a draw and maybe that is fair, but Kamala is super smart, extremely well spoken and able to respond to and parry attacks with the best of them.

I really can’t imagine a scenario where she doesn’t get the better of Trump and it isn’t inconceivable that Trump could knock Biden out of the #1 position for worst debate performance.

1 Like

In principle, I understand Trump’s goal of defining Harris as “dumb” and inarticulate. But it lowers expectations for her. And since it’s untrue, it seems short-sighted.

Trump should be doing what Bush did in both his elections, the “Dubya no speak good” gambit. I think they called Kerry the greatest debater since Cicero?

2 Likes

Trump cannot bear to be self-deprecating in any context, even if it would benefit him in the long term.

1 Like

trump hasn’t articulated a single policy in about 6 years.

2 Likes

It’s crazy too because this is the one thing I know for sure she’s great at. I mean, she was a line prosecutor, not an appointee. She gave speeches that convinced twelve jurors to send people away for ten, twenty years. This is what she does.

4 Likes

It also undercuts the narrative that she is afraid of doing media. She is very strong on her feet and should do well in any environment, hostile or friendly.

She is just plain smart. And savvy. And eloquent. And authentic.

And she has gotten better since 2020. More confident.

More Kamala exposure - whether is be the convention or debates or press conferences or media hits - is probably only helpful.

1 Like

The sycophants here will think it is his usual brilliant performance, but the rest of America will see an absolute massacre that night

3 Likes

You know I heard someone say something interesting today or yesterday. They questioned why Harris should even bother doing press conferences.

At that last gaggle she did, all the questions were about stuff that Trump said. They didn’t want to ask about policy, or Walz, they only wanted to talk to her about Trump. So why should she bother? Why should she give free media to her opponent?

4 Likes

Not saying she should or shouldn’t do press conferences, just that I expect she will be really good at them and that it is funny that MAGAs are saying she is dumb and she will be exposed.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

keep on thinking that when she rips trump a new one. the old fool cant think on his feet anymore.

Allan

Trump is utterly pathetic at debates. How did Kamala do against Tulsi Gabbard?

not so good but she won her debate with pence.

Allan

Deciding who wins a debate is very subjective.

1 Like

Trump will do Trump and the only disappointment will be if he doesn’t.
Harris on the other hand might make a splashy show of former prosecutorial prowess but in the end her record of Bay Area liberal wealth distribution elitist Marxism, the wreckage left behind in her home state, defunding of law enforcement and failures at the southern border alone can never be ignored.

1 Like

with the two debates being discussed the winner was quite clear in my opinion.

Allan

Thank you. I was trying to think of a way to describe this thread.

1 Like

trump called San francisco a great city 15 years ago.

elected officials in 2009 in SF.

Mayor: newsom

district attorney: harris

Allan

Personally, I find debates largely useless, especially today.

1 Like