The senator Rick Scott tax the poor plan

That’s true. I had forgotten about that.

I took this post from Conan as suggesting that the government gets taxes (in general) from everyone either directly or indirectly:

Further, some of those things I mentioned (costs passed on to the consumer) were corporate income taxes.

Me too.

That’s why I’m OK with pointing to the standard deduction and saying that it takes care of Conan’s concern.

1 Like

I think that’s a great point.

1 Like

I agree with you.

I paid taxes back when I was poor. Everyone should have skin in the game, far too many people out there for government give away’s knowing they will never have to help pay for them.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s why they should end gas taxes and sales taxes. It taxes the poor. Regulation is also a form of tax as you can tell by how the brandon admin has raised gas prices with their policies… Making the poor poorer.

2 Likes

Oh no I agree with Conan.

No one should be taxed who can’t pay for food, rent or any other necessities of life. The desperate poor should not be taxed.

Allan

But my reason is completely different then yours. :wink:

Doesn’t matter, you are against taxing the poor.

And that’s enough for me.

Allan

Oh, but they are still taxed. I could get behind not taxing someone until they reached a certain threshold in income. If you could come up with a system that only taxed people once. Having all these different taxes, many that are regressive is awful!!

2 Likes

Why not? They use more of the services.

1 Like

Can you provide an example please

Sin taxes, gas taxes too.

1 Like

Compassion for poor.

A foreign concept to many I know.

Allan

Taxes have nothing to do with compassion.

3 Likes

I disagree. Making the poor pay income taxes when they can’t even pay for the necessities of life is not compassionate.

It’s the opposite.

Allan

Then you don’t know what the word means.

2 Likes

I paid taxes back when I was working for minimum wage, had a roof over my head and enough food to eat. I also had three other people sharing the apartment.

1 Like

I know exactly what it means.

We just disagree on the issue.

We will once again agree to disagree on this.

Allan