The senator Rick Scott tax the poor plan

Woke libs don’t deserve anything that good. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m also fine with my dairy protein coming in the form of casein and whey powder. 24 gram serving, chocolate creme flavor. Don’t forget the xanathan gum. Makes it more milk shakey.

1 Like

That’s a bad position Scott is pushing. Dems are going jump on that.

I think it is a great idea. As long as nearly 50 percent of the country has no skin in the game they will continue pushing for more and more freebies at the higher and higher expense of us who do pay federal income taxes.

Everybody should pay something even if it is only 1 percent.

2 Likes

And yet you have the government thinking they’re entitled to more and more of your money. Besides everyone is paying even if it’s not directly.

1 Like

In fact this would be a good discussion for @WuWei thread what GOP stands for.

1 Like

Nearly 50 percent are paying zero federal income taxes. That’s not right.

You have some people on every taxpayer freebie known to man. All take and no give.

1 Like

Are they? Think about it. They’re paying their share indirectly.

How are those on food stamps, welfare, and section 8 housing paying directly or indirectly?

They’re not…I’m referring too low income workers.

Go out and make that first 20 grand or what society determine is basic need…tax free.

2 Likes

Sales taxes. Taxes added to phone bills, cable, utilities. Renters pay their landlords’ real estate taxes indirectly through the rent they pay. Gasoline taxes. Indirect taxes built into the price of just about everything anyone buys because manufacturers add their corporate taxes into the price of what they sell. Ditto middlemen, shippers, retailers, etc.

Note: I’m just answering a specific question. This answer should not be construed as an argument supporting Conan’s position. I disagree with that argument.

2 Likes

Young man or women working minimal wages while going to college…he or she shouldn’t have to pay a penny.

It’s what government is entitled too. For me I don’t think government isn’t entitled one penny until your own needs are met.

The question was income.

1 Like

I’m not sure “society” is smart enough to determine “basic needs.” And then there’s the whole cost of living thing.

We already do that with the standard deduction on income taxes. (Not 20 grand, but some portion. That amount already satisfies your clause from your original reply in this thread: “Society can determine what those basic needs are and how much.” That’s what the standard deduction is supposed to address.)

2 Likes

What about one not going to college?

True on both accounts. But repugs should have open dialog/discussion on it.

Who knows…they might actually stumble onto something. :wink:

1 Like

Not only do they not pay income taxes, but many actually get payments from their tax return in the form of Earned Income Credits.

2 Likes

Same thing. He’s making minimal wages, or learning on job etc.

None of those are federal income taxes are they? Folks paying the income taxes also have to pay the ones you listed.

As long as nearly 50 percent pay no federal income taxes many will demand more freebies and increases to the ones they already have at the expense of the contributors.

Takers vs contributors.

1 Like