The Second Impeachment of Donald Trump Begins Today

Anyone check his approval with republicans lately? I have, fell six points with republicans after this event, to 78%, wouldn’t bet on that happening.

But they will be in when the trial occurs.

Right now is 52-48 when they are seated at the end of the month is 50-50.

Allan

So I suppose all of these people got arrested for litteing?

Link?

Who runs the House? Have you noticed that on one side of the aisle there is only one opinion? Whose opinion?

4 Likes

Why?.

1 Like

That was before he wound up a bunch of loons to invade the Capitol and they were forced to flee for their lives. You can internet lawyer it all you want but the Senate is furious at Trump for this. Hell, they’re furious at Cruz and Hawley.

You are foolish if you don’t believe they won’t respond to what they see as an attack on the legislative branch by the executive.

One doesn’t simply change the system.

1 Like

It was a nice dream.

No, as I clearly said, that is after that event.

Please do explain the legal threshold as you know it to be…The executive branch coerced an attack on the legislative branch in order to stop or delay the certification of electoral votes.

“The plain language of section 4 seems to require removal from office upon conviction, and in fact the Senate has removed those persons whom it has convicted. In the 1936 trial of Judge Ritter, the Senate determined that removal is automatic upon conviction, and does not require a separate vote.854 This practice has continued. Because conviction requires a two-thirds vote, this means that removal can occur only as a result of a two-thirds vote. Unlike removal, disqualification from office is a discretionary judgment, and there is no explicit constitutional linkage to the two-thirds vote on conviction. Although an argument can be made that disqualification should nonetheless require a two-thirds vote,855 the Senate has determined that disqualification may be accomplished by a simple majority vote.“

Allan

As a punitive measure from the Senate from an impeachment conviction? Of course they will.

Feel free to post this coercion for us all to see, thanks.

After he leaves office part is problematic.

I doubt the House will send it to them before then.

Correct. It’s not the courts place to determine disqualification. That authority lies with the senate.

Allan

How is Trump going to incite an impeachment???

Why?

Allan

It’s not a hoax.

1 Like