The Second Impeachment of Donald Trump Begins Today

Cool deflection

Trump got about 74.3 million votes nationwide, and not all Americans who voted for Trump believe in his conspiracy theories and falsehoods about the 2020 election.

Don’t be surprised if there’s nineteen Republicans willing to vote to convict.

1 Like

It does however mean a President can be impeached.

Not a deflection, merely illustrating the worth of popular opinion when it comes to determining facts.

1 Like

if there was a do over and a new election were to be held today after trumps attempted coup i doubt he would win more than a handful of states

I doubt the Senate will take this up before Trump leaves office.

2 Likes

I would be no more surprised to see that than I am seeing libs cheer on the federal government’s opportunity to turn the GWoT into a domestic front. It benefits me either way.

1 Like

Not hardly. Everybody who voted for him doesn’t believe there was fraud.

And only need 17.

Allan

Just look at the GA runoff. David Perdue had the lead in the general election. In the runoff, after all of Trump’s shenanigans, he lost his Senate seat.

Such as?

And not a lot of people believed the hoax that Trump incited a riot.

Of course Mitch isn’t going to touch it. Why would he suddenly grow a backbone now? He needs every Republican vote he can muster in the next election

It’s a separate vote after impeachment and conviction and it’s already held up in court.

And you would be correct. Most likely sometime in late spring.

Allan

Ossoff and Warnock haven’t been sat yet.

The House is of a different opinion.

In 9 days Biden takes over, this is just a political gambit because if you are impeached twice you can’t run again for office. It’s not going to happen.

It’s silly they should be talking about how they are going to govern which they aren’t. Raise taxes, more identity politics, rinse-repeat and end up ushering in another nutter into office.

I don’t know if I really agree with the Congress impeaching Trump with only nine days left, but I want Trump to be indicted after he leaves office. Trump may end up pardoning himself, but I believe that would be unconstitutional.