The 'Rona Truth in One Thread

An admission before the coming storm. He’s trying to control the narrative. Damage control.

1 Like

he knew he was wrong when he said it the first time

2 Likes

You are probably right. His wrongness is going to to sink him…and both administration’s reputations.

Throwing out the mask statements for the moment. I think he made sense for about 6 months April to October 2020. After that I lost confidence. I always felt In my profession masks were necessary and I used every means possible to get them for my family and my employees…but he was so blatantly trying to quash panic by not having them in large scale…he said they were not necessary. Was that an order or his opinion.

But I get the bigger picture too. He’s got a deeper responsibility for this…and that’s something I feel congress should be investigating. Not Jan 6.

You talking masks…I knew he was wrong. Found 10 N95s for my family right before all hell broke lose. He was way wrong and he knew it.

I’m not so sure shutting down schools was wrong at the time. But making me stay home from an office job and working from home was stupid. I still spent 60 percent of my time working in the field…

They’re getting ready to do it again.

it was definitely wrong and i pointed out the science at the time. the science has only gotten worse for those who advocated it.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Off-Topic Slop from Various Threads +fd

So I hear. I don’t think it’s necessary again. I feel like we know how to deal with it better.

Horse hockey

your adherance to the narrative is noted.

not fauci.

studies, successive, one after another. not the anecdotal ■■■■■■■■ reviews the cdc relied on.

for about the first 3 months, shutting down schools was likely not a bad precaution. It didn’t take long to figure out that it was not necessary. every single study showed that schools were not a vector for transmission, that in most cases transmission rates in schools were lower than community spread, that children were not susceptible to severe covid and in fact had lower mortality from covid than the flu. that children rarely passed covid to adults and that statistically, they were safer from covid in school than out of it. that masks and social distancing made little or no difference for kids, and that they were harmed more by all of that than any percieved but unrealized benefit.

1 Like

That’s not science. That’s trying to make policy decisions on incomplete evidnce. And that’s the immediate unfortune of urgent policy decisions. There are lot “studies” out there. Have you read them all? Someday, the studies will be incorporated into a broader explanation of transmission of this particular virus. That will take time. What is your definition of science?

there are a lot of studies. they all say the same thing and what i posted about them is accurate. following the science would have meant reopening schools long before we did. but we were busy following the politics and calling it science.

2 Likes

Oh really? A lot of studies? A lot of studies does not make science. Have you read all of the “studies” about whether coffee is good for you are not? Studies are sort of a first step, but they have to be evaluated and repeated and verified. And their methodologies must be checked carefully. Most important, are the questions asked subject to verification. What is your definition of science?

What adherence?

stop asking your stupid question, in case you haven’t noticed i’m not falling for your silly game.

the studies are successive and repeated. the conclusions are all the same. the only study on the subject thats had its methodology questioned, is the one the cdc used to go along with their ■■■■■■■■ reveiws and anecdotes. if all the studies go in one direction, and you’re going to follow the science, which direction do you go?

If schools were closed, how do we know that schools were not a vector of transmission…and how did we get studies on schools not being vectors of transmission if schools were not open to study by the fall of 2020?

Show me the studies. In the world of a NOVEL Corona virus…studies showed nothing by fall of 2020.

Why is “what is science” a stupid question? Apparently, you cannot answer it.

they weren’t all closed.

by the fall of 2020 there were studies out of china, sweden, and france i believe. these were followed later by studies from fl, ga, and i think md. honestly, there were lots of them. some were particular to children, some to school settings. they studied transmission rates, masking, social distancing and ventilation. ventilation made a difference. the rest was crap. we knew by the fall of 2020 that children were not at much risk and that they rarely passed covid to adults. and that was with the bad strains.

1 Like

Cite the studies you’re so familiar with.