The 'Rona Truth in One Thread

so what should we be doing now?

1. if you’re not vaccinated and you have no medical reason to not get vaccinated, get vaccinated.
  2. if you’re high risk, get a booster
  3. if you’re high risk, consider boosters during whichever season sees you indoors more.
  4. put our money into finding effective and more effective treatments
  5. use good hygene, stay fit, and live your life

forget about shutdowns and cloth or paper masks. if you wish, avoid large indoor gatherings. if you wish, wear an n95 or kn95 mask. keep schools open and for the future, begin upgrading ventilation systems (it will take years).

5 Likes

That is an absolute perfect summary of where we need to be.

Well stated!!

…but I never would have guessed that the pushback would originate in Canada?

3 Likes

…business as usual. No masks, no more vaccines, just recovered from Omicron so I’ve got antibodies and I’m forecasting the US will hit herd immunity by Valentines Day. Life is good. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

There’s some huge protests that have been going on in Europe as well.

3 Likes
2 Likes

If they’re “finally recognizing natural immunity”, what does that say about their medical expertise?

6 Likes

That their expertise has a political agenda?

3 Likes

3 Likes

Well that didn’t take long. /sarc

3 Likes
2 Likes

So another thing they said was ■■■■■■■■ is now out in the open and being discussed?

Amazing.

4 Likes

The “experts” have been wrong about so much, one has to wonder, are they stupid or is this being done for some purpose? If it’s a purpose, what would that be? What ever it is, it’s evil. Millions around the world have died and NO ONE IS BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE!

2 Likes

Trump!!!

You know the drill.

2 Likes

Study cited.

Son, you got a panty on your head.

b8e624a50891480ae8bf82f5f9534536

2 Likes

Interesting study from the UK.

What did you find interesting about it?

That the efficacy is gone after 6 months. That it drops off so quickly. That is a pretty good reason to refuse the vaccine and not have mandates for its use.

Vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic COVID-19 has been assessed in England based on
community testing data linked to vaccination data from the National Immunisation Management
System (NIMS), cohort studies such as the COVID Infection Survey and GP electronic health
record data. After 2 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, vaccine effectiveness against the
Omicron variant starts at 45 to 50% then drops to almost no effect from 20 weeks after the
second dose. With 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna effectiveness dropped from around 65 to 70%
down to around 10% by 25 weeks after the second dose. Two to four weeks after a booster
dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, effectiveness ranges from around 60 to 75%,
dropping to 25 to 40% from 15+ weeks after the booster. Vaccine effectiveness estimates for
the booster dose are very similar, irrespective of the primary course received (3). Vaccine
effectiveness is generally slightly higher in younger compared to older age groups.

I would still recommend it, just can’t sell it as a way to end the virus.

The 65% was interesting to me.

1 Like