The 'Rona Truth in One Thread

You okay?

I wasn’t fixated on it you corrected it. It was curiosity if they opened at same time. Stop taking questions so personal.

1 Like

Sorry -

I do remember ski mountains closed mid march 2020. I happen to be on one when it went down!

But by the next season, they were all open, just with mitigation efforts in place - masks indoors (some said outdoors in line, which was crazy) and capacity limits.

Hiking trails…I really don’t know…I just know they were open when we wanted to use them in the spring and fall. I know for sure the ones in and near our town never closed because we use them weekly and never saw them closed.

Crazy to think back on those days…

Gladys-Kravitz

2 Likes

Yeah most likely the following season might be what you are thinking. Because here:

It appears were in lockdown.

But afterall, as you say, time moves slowly in lockdown

I do question how busy those trails were because of your statement about socializing with yout friends.

It makes perfect sense when considering enforcement. Someone has to open an establishment that was ordered closed. It’s obvious and easy to enforce. No one opens or closes a forest. Police don’t or won’t roam the trails to see if someone is hiking. They don’t care.

1 Like

That’s why a gazillion people died.

2 Likes

Lol that is exactly what the forest service does. They walk the trails and monitor the trailheads and parking areas.The difference is (besides it being stupid to close off the outside) they don’t have someone to blame but themselves if they let people in. But we digress. They were not closed long like TNT pointed out. Which was a good decision to open back up.

1 Like

That’s gonna leave a mark

2 Likes

It was low hanging fruit. I just couldnt resist.

1 Like

4 Likes

What are you talking about?

Your first post is from April 2020 a few weeks into the pandemic when things here in the east were terrible. By the summer season, the beaches were open. By mid-spring parks were open. And we used them. Come the winter, we spent time in the mountains.

We didn’t have people in our house, and socialized outdoors practicing social distancing.

What does our families socializing decisions have to do with our use of outdoor spaces?

Weird post. You stalked back 3 years to come with unrelated nonsense.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Did you actually change your behavior with your friends and family? I know I didn’t. I never bought into the panic. But my wife did!!

2 Likes

Oh definitely.

We didn’t want to get Covid and it was rampant in our town for a while. Then we just settled into a pandemic groove of outdoor, small gatherings. Lots of home cooked meals, got into making cocktails, and streaming old concerts, and enjoying outdoor activities with and without friends.

When things improved, we were on the more cautious side of things, kind if easing our way back into normalcy. At the time, my MIL was struggling with health issues and we sure didn’t want her getting Covid. I see my elderly parents for work frequently, so we didn’t want them getting it. And we already knew enough people struggling with long covid to know we didn’t want to get it even though we knew we would likely be fine. (though we also knew two very healthy 50-ish people who died from the OG strain.)

My parents, both avid fox news watchers, and conservatives, both locked themselves up pretty tight. As did most of our friend’s parents.

And don’t be fooled - there were plenty of people here who claim the lockdowns were terrible who were locking themselves down tight 3 years ago.

I’ll be honest with you, I changed nothing. My wife was off the charts with this crap. Giving me alcohol and all of the crap, I just ignored it all. I didn’t change a single thing in my life. And I never got covid.

Hey, hey, hey…that’s a keeper in my book. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass: :+1: :wink:

There is a difference between deciding to quarantine yourself and being ordered to do so.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think it was the fun kind. :joy:

1 Like