The 'Rona Contagion Cure!

Seriously? Lungs connect to the nose and mouth. Coughing and sneezing expel from the lungs. Masks reduce the radius of ejecta.

Mouthwash could conceivably kill the virus in the mouth but doesn’t do anything about the virus in the lungs.

I can’t believe I have to explain this ■■■■■

2 Likes

Did it go through the mouth, into the lungs? Are you suggesting that there is no benefit to this discovery? If you wash your sinuses using diluted baby shampoo, could this stop the virus from infecting you further? There are a lot of questions but very few…“experts”. In my world, every little thing that may help…should be applied. Sorry if in your world, that isn’t how it works?

1 Like

Agreed, still a good thing to do just to avoid bad breath and help gum health. If it also helps inhibit spread, all the better still.

Yes. Do you think the antiseptic mouthwash fills the mouth cavity such that all gasses passing through the mouth and nasal passages from the lungs are cleansed of the virus? That’s a silly theory.

That I am unsure of. Perhaps it might help with people you kiss. I sure as hell know it won’t completely stop the infection from spreading and masks still have a use. So I don’t know why you said this stupid comment:

1 Like

Considering the run on toilet paper and now this, maybe now an unexpected benefit of all this is that Americans will now incorporate wiping and oral hygiene into their daily routine.

3 Likes

Anything…and everything…that can help fight this virus…I am for. What a cool, simple thing…that all of us can do, that may very well have a positive impact and potentially save some lives…and that’s all I have to say about that. :sunglasses:

Then why question masks? Seems like they have a positive impact and potentially save some lives?

So that’s why I never caught the Kung Flu. And here I thought it was all that cannabis. :thinking:

1 Like

I can’t believe you think you ar… yes I can.

…cuz it’s being indicacted…it spreads with your exhaled spittle. If this is true, then logically applying this new discovery is also helpful.

Cool. So why question masks?

I was questioning you, why masks are being suggested? It all fell along the same logic. You were just slow to catch on.

Why are you questioning me? I have always fully supported the wearing of masks. Do you disagree or agree with that stance?

Indeed. Why question Listerine?

You’re still slow…and I’m done. See ya tomorrow…same bat time, same bat channel. :sunglasses:

Just to be clear, if the mouthwash destroys all coronavirus in the mouth, it still doesn’t destroy it in the nose or lungs. When one coughs or sneezes the air comes from the lungs at high velocity and is ejected from the mouth and/or nose. A mask limits the radius of exposure.

Even if we were to assume the mouthwash worked why would it destroy the virus that is passing through at high velocity through the mouth and nose? Highly doubtful the mouthwash lives on in your mouth as a gas that somehow stays there and acts as a filter through which the air from the lungs must pass. No, that isn’t how the flow of gases works.

So we wear masks, which shouldn’t be controversial.

1 Like

Well, at least we are getting into specific areas of disinfectants other than Lysol now…

Reading the yahoo article…

Kind of as I surmised. This could be helpful in certain specific situations but it’s efficacy in general is likely quite limited. Masks still the best preventive.

Meanwhile Listerine will enjoy a nice jolt to their sales totals for a few weeks. :wink:

Listerine colonics! 50/50 chance that gets touted as a cure at tonites debate. Trump never stops looking for solutions.

1 Like