The richest 10% of households now represent 70% of all U.S. wealth

Under Marxism there is no govt

I notice most of the “self made” billionaires today have something in common. They didn’t play by the rules. No wonder those of us who try playing by the rules aren’t successful. Instead of breaking the rules and being successful we’re listening to those who already got theirs saying we should keep following the rules. It’s not that they don’t know the rules have changed, they just don’t care. They already got theirs back before the rules changed and now they don’t have to play the game anymore.

Someone wins the lottery = everyone can win the lottery.

You got to show the lotto winners holding that big check so all the suckers will keep spending their money even though they are more likely to get struck by lightning.

Let’s also pretend that there is no such thing as market saturation or limited availability of positions. Everyone can be $10K a day CEO.

1 Like

Then I would suggest taking a number of accounting courses and doing very well at them.

2 Likes

Some people aren’t learning at all.

Yes, because that will certainly tip the scales where the government and lobbying is concerned. :roll_eyes: It’s like talking to a brick wall with some people.

I know he was. And I was referring to his “open mind.” :wink:

Yes it does, or at least it does not hurt me. The same 2018 Tax Bill that cut corporate taxes also cut my effecttive tax rate about 19.5% (from 12.3% to 9.9%) and saved me almost $2800. They still paid a higher effective rate than I did, so why should I complain if the percent of their cut was bigger than mine?

Stop thinking that your life is ruined because money has influence on legislation.
And you don’t hold all the great truth. Not everyone who disagrees with your opinion is a “brick wall”.

Remember when Democrats under Clinton enacted a luxury tax on such things as yachts and corporate jets? The result was, the rich went over seas to buy such items to avoid the tax and domestic companies that build those items laid off employees because of the severe downturn in sales.

I’m thinking that peons like being peons. I certainly know I do.

Why do you covet the ultra rich? Do you really think their life is better than yours?

1 Like

No … you care about their wealth. That much is perfectly clear.

1 Like

My previous reply to you would have been more appropriately made to this post. The rich and famous life style employs a lot of people.

Exactly how is your opportunity any different than Doug’s? Obviously Doug made choices that benefit him in retirement … choices he began making many years ago. You should be asking his consul, not criticizing him.

Disagrees with my opinion? Brother, you aren’t even on the same hemisphere.

Doug made choices that resulted in a pension? Where’s my pension? I’ve worked nearly as long as Doug has. Companies don’t give pensions anymore. Nothing I can do about that. Wait lemme guess, this is where you tell me I just need to find a better job. :roll_eyes:

You just provided a classic example of what I call trickle down. I’m wondering if we are using different definitions?

When I say trickle down, I’m referring to any wealth creation activity that trickles down from a larger activity. Thus, the rich’s indulgence translates into wealth opportunities for all of those that cater to them. That is what I refer to when I describe trickle down.

Why do you keep changing the topic???

I’m attacking your statement that you were going to ensure the data is properly interpreted. I’m stating as fact that there is no single way to interpret the data. So your statement is not accurate.

You are providing your interpretation of the data. That is a fact.

Everything else you are blabbing on about is inconsequential. I tuned you out when you made your absurd claim that you would properly interpret the data.

It really is about choices. My company stopped doing pensions years ago. My retirement doesn’t depend on a pension from that company.

As I pointed out at the beginning of this thread, I’ve made choices in my life that have worked out well for me. I’m six months away from having a comfortable retirement without a pension from the company I’m currently with.

As you point out, many companies have done away with pensions but there are other avenues to save for retirement.

Its all about choices. If someone chooses not to save for their retirement, whose fault is that? Really?