The richest 10% of households now represent 70% of all U.S. wealth

Just pointing out what should have been glaringly obvious even to the most hardened partisan, that acquiring a million dollars of wealth in 2017 is vastly different from acquiring the same amount decades earlier.

To you, however, that is some sort of spin. Perhaps in a Trump-centric frame of reference it is, but not in the real world.

I work with statistics every day. There is no single way to interpret data. Thus when you made the ridiculous statement that you were going to ensure the data is properly interpreted I had to laugh.

I stand by my earlier response. What you really meant was that you would spin the data to fit your narrative. I was correct with my original response.

One boat is a luxury yacht while the other boat is a fishing boat.

Well this isn’t true…corporate lobbying can have a direct impact on you

Walmart lobbies for less corporate taxes. Does that benefit you or the shareholders/CEO?

You realize that is simply a metaphor. But in that spirit there are about 12 million boats registered in the U.S., a tiny fraction of which are luxury yachts. A rising tide doesn’t distinguish between them.

And losing the metaphor, look at the internet; cell phones; televisions; automobiles; electricity; running water.

All innovations that every American has access to, even those living in poverty.

All of the above.

So?

A luxury boat has to be built and maintained and the people who do those things are thus EMPLOYED. Why do you care that someone owns a luxury boat???

He is giving people a lot of work.

More power to everyone who spends money. They only employ all the rest of us. Stop coveting and go out and get your own. No one is stopping you.

M

2 Likes

I’m thinking that peons don’t know they’re peons.

And your point is???

I think the point is that if I want a fishing boat and get one, it is possible for me to be happy about that and not have a burning ulcer because someone else has a really nice, much bigger boat.

3 Likes

There are whole industries that cater to the rich, employing lots of people. That non-existent trickle down economics.

I’m betting LIBs get a lot of burning ulcers with their class envy.

You aren’t paying attention. I don’t care about their wealth. I care about the government representing them instead of all of us and changing the rules so only they can accumulate wealth. Maybe instead of repeating baseless talking points you could try actually addressing the substance of the thread for once. I realise that might be a lot to ask but I believe in you buddy.

One of my best friend’s dad became wealthy himself by building luxury yachts. Look at all the people he employed along the way. These folks are all working because someone had money to spend:

fleming

But trickle down is a myth.

M

You know, Peek, the argument from authority approach has a much better chance of success when the “authority” isn’t someone who dismisses documented facts (in this case, inflation) as “spin”.

You keep holding on, though!

Pension plus investment income. Must be nice. You got yours. Good for you. How dare people like me fight to get ours too. I’m not interested in taking anything from you. I just want the opportunity to have it too. See that’s the difference between us Doug. I want the playing field to be level for everyone. I see it isn’t. It hasn’t been for awhile. It’s getting worse. I think something should be done about it. You’re not worried about it. You already got yours. I get it. If I had mine, I probably wouldn’t give a ■■■■ either.

Somebody learned a new word and now applies it to everyone.

1 Like

I am in the top 1% of income earners… I am happy. Is it possible to be happy with your life and still not want corporations to run the government so that they line their pockets at the expensive of the lower class?

1 Like

100% agree. Cons think I want to walk up to Bill Gates and steal money directly out of his pockets. It’s a lazy rebuttal.

Under Marxism there is no govt