The Reason Why Minorities Don't Vote Republican

The forgotten man will be right back to respond to this He is just hiding from the commies who may or may not under his bed.

I’m black and a lib… so yes I like protecting myself. :joy:

2 Likes

You know I work with quite a few African Americans who are conservative.

Bush was able to get about 40% of the Hispanic vote back in 2004. 2004 was the only time that the GOP won the popular vote in the last 7 Presidential elections.

1 Like

That’s a funny response since it was fairly obvious that I was being rhetorical while asserting that the slumlord-in-law shoulders some responsibility of the conditions in Baltimore and is in a position to help alleviate some of those issues. Do you disagree?

Once again and I have said this before, I will never forget an interview with Michael Steele right before he became chairman of the RNC saying he’s getting tired of walking around these conventions and not seeing folks that look like him. He then go on to say, that he’s going to extend the tent for more African Americans. They used that man as the so-called anti-Obama, but when he started talking about extending the tent for more black and brown people they pushed him to the back of the closet like some old shoes and slandered his name.

The GOP had a great opportunity and blew it. Hell, even in majority black Prince George’s County where brother Steele resides, we actually loved the dude. If Trump really wanted to make inroads with the black community, he should have brought his behind east of the Anacostia River, or go to Baltimore and see how he can help, hell…or even show up at the NAACP convention last week. Once again he has no interests. WE DON’T MATTER.

1 Like

I believe you. The numbers are bigger than people think. My church is 90% black and very conservative. HOWEVER I bet coin that same percentage do not like the person occupying the White House. My Pastor has said 45 is full of hate and a expert in division.

1 Like

which is strange because Black community is morally and fiscally for the most part right leaning, but Republican can’t break down the barriers to win their votes.

Bush was a wartime president who appealed to Hispanics and African Americans to a certain degree. Hell, I even voted for him in 2004. I thought his presidency would have been more successful if he didn’t have the old guard of the GOP in his ear pushing that Iraqi war and that trickle down nonsense. Plus he was an overall decent guy. I gain respect for him when he showed up to a Martin Luther King, Jr. day program at my church.

Well, when it comes to that question conservatives always say “it’s to get government handouts”, or “plantation mentality”, or “they’re too easily manipulated by the media”.

Not once do you ever hear “Gee, maybe they’ve seen what we’re all about with their own eyes and decided they don’t like us all on their own”.

4 Likes

The GOP knows any kind of signicant outreach to blacks will hurt them in the south, the base they took over from the dems when they supported civil rights. And they don’t want upset those low white population states that swing the electoral college. So why should they reach out?

Funny in my church the pastor never talks about politics.

Agree.
However…It comes a time when people get tired of hearing folks say crap like, “all you people want is a hand out” or “get off the democrat plantation”. People are tired of being marginalized and talked bad about

Um, apparently not. They can lose the popular by 3 million.

See what you tried to do here. Nice try.
FTR…Mine rarely does, but one time last year 45 said something really ignorant as it relates to the black community and spoke about it. It is what it is.

Even Yeshua was political at times.

like a moderate right leaning Republican should in theory crush the black vote, but like you said they are to insulting and talk down to minorities. I don’t understand why they can’t seem to grasp that.

just looking how Trump talked in the last few week, we can debate if it was racist or not but you know 100% that the black community is going to take it as a personal insult.

1 Like

Just saying I’ve been going to church for over 60 years.
I’ve attended a lot of different church’s in several states and never have I heard a pastor comment on politics.
Church members but not any pastor that I have know.

is racism in the South really that bad?

Okay…so what. Doesn’t make my pastor or my church family any less Christian.

God that is so ironic is so many ways…and largely what is the main problem in these forums.

Each side thinks the other side is broadbrushing them. Why? Because if I’m broadbrushing you (collective) you( collective) can flag me for broadbrushing and vice verse.

This is so funny. I’m sitting here laughing at the irony as I realize this conversation has been happening here all day long.