The Rapture and the Real World: Mike Pompeo Blends Beliefs and Policy

If your religion isn’t guiding your decisions, is it a religion?

Does that matter?

Honestly I find relgion to be nothing more then nonsense.

Is there a common theme of morality between religions sure and thats great, be a good person to your fellow man.

But decisions beign guided by the belief that ill be sitting in my office and poof my co worker will be gone while the world melts down…yeah no

I lay dibs on his ■■■■ after the rapture.

But how the devil will be unleashed upon the world for a 1000 years!

So it seems you guys don’t think people can set aside strongly held beliefs to do their job?

No…Pompeo cant seem to do that

Take it up with him

1 Like

Based on what?

That’s such bovine excrement. Sure, let’s mix church and state in our policies because most of us know how well that works for other countries. Jackass.

Did you read the article?

Interesting post. So strongly held belief shouldn’t be “mixed in” with a government job?

Of course.

You know why religion is fading in the West?

Hint its not the devils work

Rapturists ignore scripture when it suites them. They should look to Matthew 24:36.

It’s not? Then no, why?

Its not real none of it

NOPE.

All elected official swear to uphold the Constitution, not the bible. Mike Pence is a prime example of not upholding the Constitution. When he was Governor, he was more interested in social policies. Just look at what happened to SB101 during his first term as gov.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

Nobody knows exactly how it will go. I’m not here to discuss dogma. This is politics.

The bible says many different things, from it have spawned hundreds of religions.

Check your crazy end of day crap at the door for me please, dont care who you are or what you believe in.

NO. Our country is not a theocracy. Isn’t that why the early settlers came to this country, to escape the Church of England? God is not mentioned in the Constitution anywhere. Besides, which “god” will they uphold?

He swore on a Bible, so there’s that.

You find strongly held beliefs incompatible with government service?