The Price of ... GAS

How’s your weekend going, folks? Did you travel anywhere? Illinois sure does love them some 5 dollar gallons of gas. Why do libs hate having affordable fuel? :thinking:

3 Likes

See? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

NJ will be going up .9 cents a gallon on Oct. 1st.

2 Likes

It’s over $3 in Oil Country

2 Likes

States by income levels:
5. California
6. Hawaii
7. Washington

1. Arkansas
  2. Louisiana
  3. Mississippi

Might want to look at the IG demographics

What is IG?

Identity Group.

I’m on a jihad to eliminate the word “race” and all its variations.

1 Like

Ahh.
Libs vs Cons. :slight_smile:

Read.

2 Likes

Filled up my F-150 twin turbo 2.7L v-6 yesterday at Costco here in S Florida. $102.00

Full tank gets me about 680-700 miles
Do the math

2 Likes

Exactly. I didn’t invoke race at all.

I am invoking IGs.

Which state is 50?

I believe Hawaii is the 50th state.

Hawaii is

Oh, you mean 50th by income level.
That would be Mississippi.
I had a typo up above. 49th is West Virginia.

1 Like

Hmmm…. I just filled up for $3.16 gal in Dallas.

And more than Taxes makes California more expensive.

“Filling up the tank in California also costs more since gasoline prices are higher on average than the rest of the United States for a few reasons. These reasons include the isolated nature of the state’s transportation fuels market, a special gasoline recipe that reduces air pollution, environmental program costs, and taxes.“

Of course, would their fuel market be more isolated if they allowed more refineries?

https://www.energy.ca.gov/data-reports/energy-insights/what-drives-californias-gasoline-prices

1 Like

We have refineries here in Missouri, and we buy from those refineries too, hence our usually-cheaper-than-average gas prices.

E-85 is $2.59 this morning.
87 Octane is $3.34
89 Octane is $3.74

2 Likes

Imagine that.

The states with the highest income pay the most in gas. The states people want to live in pay the most in gas prices.