The Price of ... GAS

From Jan. 20, 2021, to Jan. 19 of this year, the BLM approved 6,430 permits for oil or gas drilling on federal land, compared with 6,172 drilling permits approved during the first two years of the Trump administration.

By quantifiable metrics, Biden is a president that makes energy security a priority.

:thinking: I wonder why they have regular labeled as unleaded? They are all unleaded.

2 Likes

Well the WH has said that this is the month the US will stop draining the SPR and start refilling it. Like when you stop subsidizing something below norm and start marking the price up above norm, that cold have an impact on energy prices. . . . that is if Biden keeps his word.

3 Likes

He has, bet this isn’t one of the times the left says “but Trump”

"The reason for the fast pace of approvals is that the BLM streamlined the permit application process under Trump. Between May 2016 and June 2019, permit application review times dropped from an average of 196 days to 94 days, according to the Government Accountability Office.

“The Biden administration came into office benefiting from standards implemented by the previous administration to improve the efficiency of permitting approvals,” Megan Barnett Bloomgren, a former Department of Interior official"

4 Likes

It’s gone up about a dollar over the last four weeks locally.

Straight up!

4 Likes

Gas price jumped up this week from 3.59 to 3.89.

J’Biden is a dumbass.
80,000 votes
UNITY
TRANSPARENCY
KINDLER, GENTLER
LOL
Suckers

Thanks President Trump!

2 Likes

Regular unleaded has gone up from that pic’s $2.82 to $3.19 this week.

Midterms are over, peasants. :wink:

4 Likes

We must be a couple of days ahead of yall. Ours has jumped to 3.39 this week.

Was about 2.89 aq week ago.

Low information voters were really stupid to buy into the idea the lower prices were anything more than a midterm trick.

3 Likes

They “allowed” us to save a little money so we could spend it on taxable Christmas presents. How thoughtful of them. :rofl:

2 Likes

How thoughtful of them to to stifle the oil industry to drive the prices up from the 1.80 or so it was under Trump.

It will be back up to 4 or 5 dollar a gallon gas soon.

3 Likes

At least until election season 2024. :wink:

2 Likes

Of course and then another emptying of the emergency reserves.

The low information dems will fall for it again.

Yes, I read the article, and I agreed with streamlining the process under Trump. I support energy independence. On the other hand, I keep reading here how Biden has stifled the oil industry, but that doesn’t seem to be the case based on the pace of permit approvals.

Like this:

Y’all still lower than me even with the rise in price. Last week it was still $3.54. Haven’t been to town this week so don’t know where they stand right now.

1 Like

Went up 10 cents over night 3.49… We are racing to catch up i suppose.

I gassed up today … $3.499. Up from $3.099 on the previous fill-up:

1 Like

Well Joe Biden has definitely

• said he is going to end oil (so absolutely no project will get under way now unless industry is 100% certain it can make a market rate of profit in 30 years.)

He has also (and this is super easy to find if you look)

• Halted all new permits and then started issuing them again
  • blocked leases
  • blocked refineries
  • blocked pipelines

His general approach has been

• Go to the Saudis oil execs and say “Tell me what you need and I’ll try to give it to you.”
  • Go to Venez oil execs and say “Tell me what you need and I’ll try to give it to you.”
  • Go to US oil execs and say “Shut up. Shut up shut up. Whatever you want shut. I know everything You are making too much money.”

6 Likes