The Price of ... GAS

Government needs to stop pushing nutty. ugly explosive cars.

and promote decent cars—or stay out of promoting cars completely

1 Like

No one is against electric vehicles, and I believe they have a place now and in the future.
When the technology is perfected, the infrastructure in place and the price affordable, people will flock to it all on their own. That’s called the ‘Free Market’.
What we don’t need is to shut down our own energy production and make gas unaffordable in an effort to hurry your agenda along. It’s hurting people.

5 Likes

That’s it? That’s comically low. To work and back, to stores, to places on weekends, that’s bordering on a hermit lifestyle. I’d average more than that if I didn’t work. I don’t know anyone that averages 27 miles per day. Maybe some senior citizens. That amount is absurdly low.

2 Likes

I do use the plastic bags for garbage as well. Always one in my car.

In 2004 government bus systems,
universities etc. began to purchase
compressed natural gas vehicles.

I worked for Penn State, part of my day
I drove a CNG passenger van.
It performed like any other oversized passenger van.

++++
My understanding is that CNG vehicles cost less and produce less C02 than electric vehicles.

It sure would be crazy stupid of the government stepped in
and favored one way over the other way, don’t you think?

(You know like if they said “EVS only,” or “no fossil fuels”
or “fossil fuels must have alcohol mixed in,” or “fossil fuels yes but no offshore drilling no and no fracking.”)

here is a nat gas price chart for comparison

When traveling along the interstates it is normal to pull into a large gas station with 20 or more pumps and they are so busy you still have to wait a few minutes for your turn. Now, imagine it takes each car not 5 minutes but 1 hr. to refuel.

Charging stations along major highways would have to have hundreds or even thousands of chargers to accommodate. It’s ridiculous to even consider doing what the Democrats want.

2 Likes

Our energy production isn’t shutdown. It’s growing… slowly, but growing.

Also, our oil production enters a global market. Although our production has an impact on prices… we are not the only player in town.

ICE isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon. Oh by the way, the EV market share I posted earlier is just US only. It’s less than half a percent worldwide.

What part of “we are decades away” don’t you understand? You absolutely are not forced to by electric. In today’s economy, there likely isn’t even a short term benefit to buying electric given that they are still pretty expensive (and getting more expensive due to inflation).

I’d argue that with current inflation, it actually makes gas cars more appealing. If you take the shock about $5-6 dollars gas out of the equation. You can’t get an SV with adequate range for less that 30k used. But you can get a gas powered used car for 10k all day long.

Fine, but Biden is having auto companies promise to produce all EVs in 15 years. US refineries are working at 95% capacity now. Oil companies are reluctant to make long term investments with the government working against their ever getting a return on their money. And then the government blames them for not investing more.

3 Likes

You have to be delusional to believe that.

2 Likes

Auto companies are producing EVs because that is where the demand is going. However demand isn’t so high that automakers are flat out refusing to produce ICE vehicles. 99% of all cars made are ICE.

Not sure what oil companies are afraid of…less than 1% marketshare?

1 Like

Investing in refineries isn’t something that brings a return in one year.

Countries and automakers agree to go all-electric by 2040 in weak new goal set at COP26 | Electrek.

Every Automaker’s EV Plans Through 2035 And Beyond - Forbes Wheels.

It’s that low because there are a lot of people like me. Before I retired my round-trip commute was 7 miles. :wink:

Oil companies are not afraid of car companies producing EVs. They are afraid (wrong word, but I’ll stick with your characterization for this response) of the Federal government putting them out of the production business and destroying the economy in the process. Biden gives them considerable reason for concern.

3 Likes

You should learn to read your own chart. How many rigs were operating in February of 2020 vs. July of 2022? The increase you see is primarily reopening of previously operating rigs that had shut down as of July 2020. That does not connotate an increase in production, it shows a slow recovery in production that may or may not reach its previous level.

3 Likes

I have a neighbor that is a special education schoolteacher in her 8th. year in her current location. Her commute has always been over 30 miles each way, and to make matters worse part of her trip was over a toll road. She has made the decision to attempt to find another position near her home and if she can’t, leave the profession and seek other employment. It’s just not economically feasible with gas at $5.00 and the possibility of it going even higher. Add to that her salary isn’t keeping up with overall inflation, especially food and energy. I imagine there are a lot of people in this type of situation.

Biden is destroying the lives of good people

2 Likes

And the dumbasses so hated “mean tweets” they neglected to look into J’Biden’s body of work as a lying, pandering career taxpayer funded leech that had done nothing to date but enrich himself and his family spinning folksy fables of himself. He filled minorities up with his hopes, lies and bull ■■■■ for voting blocs then (typically in dimbulbcrat style) kicked them to the curb after election day.
What a bunch of suckers.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, are you claiming green technology isn’t truly green??? Does AOC and her followers know this?

2 Likes