The Presidential townhall with George Stephanopoulos

what do i care who said it? i’m not arguing in support of anyone else’s opinion. whether trump said it or fauci or pelosi is immaterial. without a vaccine or effective therapeutic, reaching herd immunity would require the exact same number of infections and deaths whether it was done in 6 months or 3 years, I don’t support that approach because delaying it gives us time to develop therapeutics and vaccines. Therapeutics will save lives, so without a vaccine while it will take the same number of infections, fewer will die. A vaccine gets us there quicker and saves lives. At the same time, we do have to eat, live and work. We have to have a balance. We can neither sacrifice nor save every life. Attempting to do either is madness.

1 Like

Why didn’t Biden do something?

1 Like

I find it hard to believe anyone who repeatedly says “believe me.” Maybe that’s just me though. Usually, people who speak the truth say things like “see for yourself” or “look it up”, but “believe me”? That’s pretty much a canard reserved for charlatans and con men. Go figure.

3 Likes

This is true. I think it’s safe to say they’re pro-birth, definitely not pro-life. Even the pro-birth part is questionable, depending on what side of the tracks one is from.

3 Likes

I saw the clip and was going to post a disclaimer that it appears the President did slip using the word mentality instead of immunity, but since I don’t suffer TDS I know exactly what he meant and HEY it gave me a new way to describe those that suffer TDS, which seems to be a “herd” thing here on this forum.

Good post. I’m not qualified to counter it.

It also depends on the circumstances I guess. My wife and I were told by several “pro-lifers” that we shouldn’t have let our daughter come to term when we found out she had a birth defect that might have compromised her nervous system. We did anyway and she’s doing perfectly fine now. She’s a little over a month old now. Spent her first month in the NICU, but she’s home and healing well. Shows what they know.

1 Like

TDS is not a good answer. Did you believe trump when he stated that herd immunity would kill 2 million Americans? A yes or no answer will suffice. Thanks.

Maybe all Americans should follow the CDC Director suggestion and wear a ■■■■■■■ mask!

https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/1306255259837370372?s=21

Last time I was in a public restroom a sign said employees must wash hands, but they never did wash mine.

2 Likes

I see a market out there for MAGA tide-pods.

1 Like

Are you saying mask wearing should be made into a law that we follow from here forward like seatbelts?

It was awful. That poor woman finally, through tears, asked the mother’s question, which was about immigration and the immigrant community.

And Orange babbled on and on about covid in response. Just sad.

2 Likes

Forever? No.

Great post. I am not qualified to counter it. In fact, I want to believe 6 weeks of wearing masks can stop Covid.

I see he has his on.

If you are in a situation where social distancing is not possible, wear a mask. Those situations are not few, but they are not always either.

Not to stop it, but to control it.

Does he even know what time period he is currently living in?

I feel bad they keep sending him out in public.

Why was he sniffing so much? To keep nuggets from flying out again? Okay.

3 Likes

it can’t. look at europe. it can slow it, it can help control spread, it cannot stop it.

Cocaine permanently damages your sinuses.