The President SHOULD testify. And in exchange................?

The democrats agree to quit blocking republican witnesses. The republicans get to call their top five witnesses starting with Schifty, Hunter and the whistleblower. No more blocking testimony by Shifty. Fair deal? Or should the republicans totally cave and get nothing in return?

1 Like

Reps are not that desperate to get their witnesses (cough side show). Trump testifying will be very bad for the republicans. Very.

2 Likes

Hunter Biden and the whistleblower would just be sideshows.

I mean, Republicans have already announced that they will not impeach or convict. Why do they care?

2 Likes

The House action is more akin to a Grad Jury proceeding. The defense doesn’t get to call witnesses at Grad Jury proceedings or have lawyers present during testimony.

The Senate will then hold the trial and the defense can call anyone they want. Patience, the trail will occur in due time.
.WW, PHS

3 Likes

Besides, the WB was just the person to call 911 to report a fire. He’s report has been proven true by other witnesses. It’s funny and sad that that cannot seem to be understood.

2 Likes

What about you? Do you like the idea?

According to whom?

No. I have outlined why I think it’s stupid.

According to whom? The democrats? I don’t believe that the republicans believe that.

1 Like

No thanks.

There’s not much value in Trump’s testimony anyway. He will perjur himself, and then the impeachment will be focused on his lies rather than more substantial crimes.

The American public is already desensitized to his casual dishonesty, so the less impeachment hinges on perjury, the better.

Then why do the dems keep asking him to appear?

1 Like

Anyone that understands the impeachment process and subsequent trail in the Senate.
.WW, PHS

4 Likes

Because they know it would take about 32.7 seconds for him to perjure himself.
.WW, PHS

1 Like

Because it’s a freethrow. Who doesn’t want easy points?

1 Like

Donald should definitely testify. The eleventy dimensional nature of his unmatched wisdom will expose this for the anti-American witch hunt that it is.

Why is he waiting? This could be over and everyone could return to the great work of MAGA without further delay.

For me personally I would love to see how many times he perjures himself. Do you think he would commit perjury while testifying?

1 Like

Apparently you know more than the republicans on the committee. They have been trying to get these witnesses from day one. I’m just saying if the dems want the President bad enough, they should offer something substantial in return.

About what? Give me an example of your theoretical perjury.

He would probably do that and more.

Friendly questions carry the risk that he will start threatening other witnesses.

If that were the case, why hasn’t any Republican led committee in the Senate called Hunter Biden. There is no procedural reason why they could not initiate an investigation into allegations of his corrupt actions in the Ukraine. Why do you think the Republicans have not done so?