The President calls for NY State to stop investigations

All unnecessary lawsuits it fairly broad…

Your spin is noted and dismissed.

Bully till you get your way because ■■■■ norms and laws.
They were never about laws and order. Well they are but just to people not like them. They are corrupt and a cancer on american values.

2 Likes

Of course he has no power to do it. That is why

Wait for it

Wait

Ding ding ding He told him to do it.

NY refused to give the DHS open access to all DMV records. NY said the DHS had to ask for records individually. Trump throws a hissy fit and removes NY from federal trusted traveler programs to cause headaches for travelers in NY. Trump claims he’s the one being harassed and uses an ethnic slur.

Of course TDS exists. But the people who suffer from it think it’s the other side that suffers from it… :wink:

1 Like

Your memes are old.

How is it not acceptable? The investigations are purely political in nature.

And your fanboy compulsion to follow me, respond to me, talk about me, and make it all about me is… creepy and obsessive. Get help. :wink:

Aw, looks like someone got triggered.

No one is following you anywhere. Just post another lame meme, please.

Which ones?

It appears that Cuomo was unaffected by his White House meeting or Trump’s tweets.

Fact #1: It’s for Global Entry and Trusted Traveler Programs.

Fact #2: New York issued different licenses (a Real ID compliant and a Standard).

Why New York doesn’t just say we will acknowledge and supply all requested information on Real ID compliant licenses and will provide no information for Standard licenses. By supplying information on Real ID compliant licenses and won’t confirm or deny Standard licenses it would appear to make DHS claims weaker and provide a stronger court challenge to punishing Real ID compliant license holders for no reason.
.WW, PHS

It seems that would go against what the DHS says Real ID is being used for.

Q: Is DHS trying to build a national database with all of our information?

No. REAL ID is a national set of standards, not a national identification card. REAL ID does not create a federal database of driver license information. Each jurisdiction continues to issue its own unique license, maintains its own records, and controls who gets access to those records and under what circumstances. The purpose of REAL ID is to make our identity documents more consistent and secure.

https://dmv.ny.gov/which-id-right-me

I disagree. It is no more a national database then any other of the 49 states drivers license databases.

New York offers three types of drivers licenses to non-commercial drivers - Enhanced, Real ID Compliant, and Standard. Both Enhanced and Real ID Compliant are Real ID compliant. Since the DMV information is maintained in a database, there will clearly be a “license type” field.

If DHS requests information on a driver by SSN because the individual has applied for participation in the Global Entry or Trusted Traveler programs. They check their database find a match, check that is one of the Real ID compliant licenses and then provides the information to DHS.

Here is the thing, illegal aliens aren’t going to be applying to the Federal government for participation in GE or TTP.

Or is DHS asking for access to New York’s DMV system for other than GE and TTP purposes?
.WW, PHS

This is the timeline by my understanding.

Prior to December 2019 - ICE, CBP and CIS had open access to NY DMV records.
December 2019 - NY Green light law goes into effect. Federal agencies now are required to have some sort of order before they can access an individual’s DMV records without that individual’s consent.
February - DHS suspends TTP/GE for NY residents.
Late February - Cuomo says he will give access to DMV records for TTP/GE purposes, but will not allow access to DMV records which could be used to identify undocumented persons.

Of note, a state ID is not an absolute requirement for TTP/GE. Other documents/identification can be used. That’s why simply suspending the population of an entire state from TTP/GE could be considered political. It appears this has something to do with things other than TTP/GE.

“In New York alone, last year ICE arrested 149 child predators, identified or rescued 105 victims of exploitation and human trafficking, arrested 230 gang members, and seized 6,487 pounds of illegal narcotics, including fentanyl and opioids,” Wolf wrote. “In the vast majority of these cases, ICE relied on New York DMV records to fulfill its mission.”

A man should find something :grin: to excel at and follow his dream.

1 Like