The Political Compass - where do you stand?

Didnt need to take a test to tell you that you like rules :slight_smile:

Not sure I’m that far left…but socially is correct

Yes I’m “ecstatic” about the Tory clown.

We have swapped one incompetent leader for another one unfortunately,especially with Brexit looming.

chart

What it shows is that some folks are playing a game in order to annoy other posters.

Lets break this test down…what does this first question says?

If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

And what is authoritarian, libertarian left or right about it?

I would have expected that I would have scored the most negative of figures based on the general commentary of the posters I have read on this forum. The fact that I didn’t I speculate is that there is an inherent bias against left leaning people in the modelling.

I heard an interesting analysis of Trump and Johnson. The description of Trump is an oaf trying to act as though he is intelligent and Johnson is intelligent trying to act as though he is an oaf.

1 Like

It appears you are a bigger lefty than me.

Eh…some the questions could be answered more nuanced

There might be some of that. But I can honestly say I answered the questions accurately for my opinions, and came out about dead center as could be. And the fact that most of the other “right wing” posters that I know align pretty closely to my beliefs are fairly close to that as well indicates one of two things, or a combination of both.

1: the far right caricature the left likes to joust is just that… a caricature.
2: the questions and results are improperly (maybe not intentionally) weighted.

Steel-WOLF from what you have read do you really think that PlasmaBall would be left of me?

The lack of authoritarian tendency of the libs here does not align with their posts.

Nah I don’t think it’s that.

Don’t take this as a negative. I’m not intending it as such: you tend to debate pretty hard and bluntly, so the responses you get tend to mirror that and “hit back” in a similar way.

I think those who constructed this compass failed to take into account the wibbily wobbly timey wimey nature of things.

The “how far left” a person scores could just be the difference in how the scorers weight the question, or in how the reader parses out the question between “agree” and “strongly agree”.

Sorry (and I don’t contend that I am not fairly pointed in my comments) I don’t quite follow how that impacts on what scores some posters received that tend to indicate that their views are left of mine. Could you please expand your reasoning. Thanks.

To parse out my answer even more.

I think you both are what I would consider “far left”. But you both probably prioritize different areas more, and so depending on how the quiz weights those area will varry where you fall.

That is funny,Johnson is intelligent but much like Trump he wings it most of the time.

Thanks for the elaboration. I may have to have a discussion with PlasmaBall about it.