The Political Compass - where do you stand?

Outside of a few select issues most people dont know where people stand on things. Everything is really nuanced and not bumper sticker arguments.

Take immigration. Nearly everyone wants the laws followed and people to immigrate legally…
They want it to be fair and not what we have now…which is going backwards.

In that part of my post I was more referencing how you commented that you get reacted to fairly strongly here, it didnt have any relevance with how far left your score was.

In Australia it is legal to arrive in Australia and seek refugee status despite what the RWNJ, racist members of the LNP say.

Yeah that aspect doesnt bother me…sometimes its just how it plays out. People need help. You seek it. You should get your hearing and go from there.

With respect to that and I will be somewhat cautious how I respond, I don’t have a problem with a robust discussion. If I was shy and retiring I would never have joined this forum.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=-6.0&soc=-4.82

Cool cool cool

How do you end up on the libertarian side if you support single payer and climate change “deals”…

That stuff is lots of Tyranny! Leftism is all about Authoritarianism. Unless you are illegal.

Yes, which either they’re lied taking the test of test itself is misleading and bias.

Like very first question that raised flags for me right off the bat.

1 Like

Economic Left/Right: -5.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.41

I am a left libertarian.

How did you answer the abortion question

Libertarians are pro-choice.

the other side is pro-life.

you see how that works right.

Allan

To be fair, I am a purist capitalist, which would explain why I am so far to the right economically. I am a strong civil libertarian, although not quite a purist libertarian.

Oh, so that’s how they skewed it. What about the babies liberty?.. Libertarian like few laws, not no laws.

Simple. Is one authoritarian enough to think that the nanny state should dictate what happens to corporations (via things like tariffs and regulations), or is one libertarian enough to think that the government should let the markets take care of it (free market capitalism).

Or you can look at it this way…should primarily serve humanity? If so how? What forces are there to mandate this?

Would you not need authority?

The lack of authoritarian tendencies period does not align with their posts.

Or perhaps one ought not equate “all government” with “authoritarian”.

In any case the questions aren’t all that great.

Yeah, I couldn’t get pass the first question after I started thinking about it.

Dang Roxie and I are pretty damn close according to this test.

Get off the fence