The pettifoggery of 13 Rooskies

Sure, why wouldn’t it? They don’t want to delay, and they have a right to a speedy trial.

Because they could lose the trial and wind up serving time in federal prison.

Perhaps, but they must think they have a good case if they showed up in court when they didn’t have too…

Who do you think showed up in court? It wasn’t the 13 people he indicted.

Now, Mueller is trying to delay the trial.

“Mueller Rejects Speedy Trial Law To Delay Russian Collusion Trial”

“Special Counsel Robert Mueller asked a federal judge Tuesday to reject the four-decade-old speedy trial law in the case against 13 Russians and three Russian companies and has asked for an indefinite delay to the Russian collusion triaL”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/23/mueller-delay-russia-trial/

I bet…Because he has nothing, the indictment was a lie… You are suppose to be ready to go it you indict.

Just for the record, your siding with 13 Russian trolls funded by a thuggish dictator over a Vietnam veteran.

2 Likes

If he indicted, he should be ready for trial. Why delay?

I’m sure the rest of the world wants to see the amazing facebook posts that “swayed” the election over the billion spend against Trump…

Or they could be siding with the 6th amendment

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

They have been charged with a criminal offense, and under the 6th amendment anyone charged as such has the right to a speedy trial. Mueller is now saying that shouldn’t happen and he should be given an indefinite time before it goes to trial.

Under the 6th amendment, it’s simple. If the person doens’t wave that right, and Mueller isn’t prepared, then the judge should dismiss with prejudice and the charges can’t be filed again.

I think Mueller has been caught with his pants down on this. He MUST release the evidence and how it was collected to the defense.

2 Likes

Don’t be a sucker. The 13 Russians have no intention of going to trial. This is merely a legal ploy to get to discovery. If there were any chance the Russians were actually going to show up to trial, the situation would be far different.

Because the Russians aren’t going to allow themselves to be tried.

Mueller took a chance and he will lose in trying to delay. Under our consitution they are innocent until the state proves them guilty. They have the right to a speedy trial. And they have a right to see all evidence against them to defend.

If Mueller bet that they wouldn’t do anything, that he wouldn’t have to show his cards. Now that his bluff has been called, he’s trying to say what’s in the constiution is wrong and doesn’t matter, that he should get the trial delayed indefinitely. He’s stuck between the peverbial rock and a hard place. Don’t turn over evidence to the defence, it can’t be used in court. Turn over the evidence to the defence and they can do what they want with it (within reason).

Mueller placed a bet he might not be able to keep.

They’re not calling his bluff because they’re not going to present to be tried.

This isn’t about honoring the Constitution, it’s about abusing it. Don’t fall for the Russian (or extremely similar Trump supporter) propaganda.

1 Like

So the constitution shouldn’t matter in this crimal charge? Is that what you are saying? Ignore the constitution when it’s convenient?

It definitely matters. But they can’t claim they want their right to a speedy trial when they’re not going to present to be tried.

The indictment included three Russian orgs including the one who came to court for a speedy trial.

Who came to court? Name please.

Just like you can’t charge a person for a crime that havn’t committed yet, you can’t change the rules and constitution because of what you think will happen.

The judge, based on the constitution should reject Muelelrs request for delay. Once that happens the defense will request the evidence the state will present in court. They can also request the way the evidence was obtained. Failure to produce that, means it can’t be used in the trail PERIOD. If Mueller doesn’t produce it, then the trial will be extremely short. Remember, they are innocent until Mueller proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are guilty.

The constitutional protections can not be dismissed by Mueller, and they should not be.

Caveat that I’m not a lawyer.

But I’m always impressed by the judicial system to see through people’s ■■■■■■■■■ I hope this is one of those times. There is no harm to delay the trial until we can have some assurance that the defendants have any intention to be tried.

You want to point out the part of the consitution that says the trial MUST be delayed until we know they will show up in court?

You know how many suspected criminals in this country are released on bail, or on their own recognizance and never show up to court, all the while their attorneys keep diligantly working on the case?

Under your sinario, no harm in delaying the case until you have assurance they will show up, every defendant in a criminal trial should be held without bail.

So again, I’ll ask you to show me in the constitution where what you want to happen is there AND it overrides the right to a speedy trial.

I’ll wait. I won’t hold my breath because it is not there.

Not a lawyer. I don’t think you are. I think it’s stupid to give into the Russian game while standing on a principle they have no respect for. I didn’t say they have to delay the trial. I just think that’s the smart thing to do.

At least with people out on bail, their passports can be revoked or they can wear ankle bracelets so they can be found generally within the United States. That’s not the case here so your comparison is not very relevant.