The Official Trump 2024 Candidacy Thread (Part 1)

So, what is your complaint. I do find the all caps aestheticslly unpleasant, but what is wrong with what he said?

Ah, there it is.

The typical MAGA read that, and thought to themself “heck yeah, that’s right”, and is shocked to find out that maybe it’s not so awesome after all.

1 Like

Camp illustrated this abuse, refer back.

2nd request: Are you taking back your use of cowardly Biden on debates?

2 Likes

So with Biden, and his many promises to unify the country, you must be at least just as fed up, right?

2 Likes

There was no opportunity after he was elected. He was immediately under fire from the media for colluding with Russia along with leaks from government agencies about the investigation of that collusion. It wasn’t until November 2017 that we found out that the infamous dossier was paid for by Hillary and the DNC.

@Camp just said some things and then posted an article that shortened the original statement :joy:

What about posting his entire statement is manipulative?

1 Like

Nope not taking anything back, it seems both Trump and Biden are looking for excuses not to debate.

Dude what you dont understand about me is that just because I may broadly agree with a politician does not mean I support everything they do or say. I dont look up to any politician, respect any politican or put much stock in any politician.

Did you call them both cowards?

Yes I did. My comment was aimed at both.

Do I need to go check? Were you clear?

My take is no profound difference does debating make. For example, in PA Senate race Fetterman debated once against Oz and was inept yet it did not work against him in the end analysis. Since most anything on the campaign trail is not mandatory each candidate has the right to participate in debates or not (assuming they otherwise qualify). If there are dire consequences for not debating, that’s the breaks of the game. To me, it’s not personal but business (strategy). As such, I am surprised this debate thing annoy’s you so?

P.S. All kidding aside, I respect your view, and I know 1st hand your view has been shared on this very forum quite a few times about all politicians. That being said, we live in a Republic that elects its President every four years. I hear a lot of people say they don’t like Biden, but there kind of stuck voting for him especially if President Trump or Governor DeSantis get in. To many, #46 is an epic fail. Simply put he does not deserve another term plain and simple. So, if Joe is a finalist, I think people will pick Donald / Ron as the lesser of two evils. Besides I am a little surprised with your disdain for how you don’t credit President Trump a lot more for 2024 based upon results not traditionally political. For example, what about #45 cutting some pretty impressive trade deals (North America, Japan, etc). Add the logistics of cutting through red tape like during pandemic getting mass # of ventilators and vaccines to people in record time? And #45 not coming up the ranks of the military and/or government service where as Biden is a swamp creature through and through. Doesn’t that count for anything good in your book?

1 Like

Those are his exact words, we know how he talks and we are ridiculously privy to his grievance mindset.

We’re also completely capable of understanding what his campaign posts to his account. This is not difficult.

So what?

1 Like

That Kayleigh Mackanaynay is an absolute monster, isn’t she? A traitor and a loser with no loyalty.

Just came here to congratulate Trump on a much better nickname for Desantis. DeSanctimonious was terrible. DeSaster is waaay better.

2 Likes

But it was declassified…in his mind!

Since the August 2022 raid on his private residence in Florida, in which the FBI seized a large number of classified materials Trump had taken from his time as president, the former president has claimed he did nothing wrong as he can declassify documents as he sees fit, whenever he sees fit.

CNN reported that the tape undercuts “his argument that he declassified everything” as it “indicates Trump understood he retained classified material after leaving the White House, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation.”

Additionally, the tape reportedly includes Trump suggesting “he would like to share the information but he’s aware of limitations on his ability post-presidency to declassify records, two of the sources said.”

Jake Tapper broke the news on CNN and brought in Paula Reid to offer additional details on her reporting. Reid says that “during this time, Trump was in the habit of having his aides record any conversations with journalists, writers or people working on books.”

“Now, sources tell us that on this tape, Trump says that he has a classified Pentagon document describing a possible attack on Iran. We’re also told that you can hear people rustling. It appears that he might be waving something around, though it’s unclear if he’s weaving this document that he’s referring to or if he’s waving something else,” she continued, adding:

Now, perhaps more importantly for investigators on this recording, you can hear Trump suggest that he would like to share this information with the people he’s speaking with. But he acknowledges that there are limits to his power to declassify post-presidency. And as one source told me, that is a real problem.

All in on the phony document scandal for the block.

Make sure these mini dramas sound plausible before running them out.

Post President is not the same as being President…news flash…wow.

1 Like

So what’s the weasel here? Just because Trump didn’t know he had the power to declassify anything just by thinking it doesn’t mean he did something wrong or illegal?

1 Like

Well he’s been saying he has a right to those docs because he declassified them in his mind. But now he’s on tape saying he knew that he didnt have the right to them because they weren’t declassified.

1 Like

Which means he knowingly comitted the crime. Ruh roh!