The New Republican Guard

:mask: I took the bait. :redface:

Biden is right now. It shows he’s calling the shots. He’s the nominee. If he loses in November, he’s no longer the Democrat party.

But he hasn’t rebranded an entire party. If Trump loses, it’s still his party. He will call the shots. He’ll still dictate who’s running, who’s not. Everyone who wants to run will seek his approval.

I deleted that post. It is off topic and belongs in the hog slop thread.

1 Like

…and yet, what I said has generated an AG…to appoint an IG…to specifically investigate the subject I mentoned almost four years ago? Hmmmmmmmmmmm… :sunglasses:

This isn’t a great argument; you’re pointing to a few youngish-but-Trumpy Republicans. So what? Going from that to “changing of the guard” is a leap. If these people were new and genuinely distinctive policy-wise, you might (sort of) have a better case. If Trump loses, they will either have to rebrand or become irrelevant.

Here are three younger Republicans: Lauren Boebert, Angela Stanton King, and Marjorie Taylor Greene.

They herald a GOP with more Qanon types in it than it had previously: the party’s been grinding toward something like this for decades. But they are new and different. That’s more significant than your examples—especially if Trump wins.

2 Likes

Which subject? You have mentioned many.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Off-Topic Slop from Various Threads +fd

Interesting. Watch list.

1 Like

That seems, uh, fanciful. Especially because of Trump loses, unless it’s a squeaker, they’re gonna fire him into the dustbin of history posthaste.

And unlike 2009, social media has all the receipts. There’s no claiming you were really against something when there’s five hundred tweets of you supporting it.

1 Like

How?

No, he’s not.

And yet it is being rebranded anyway.

“kisses dictators’ butts” and “flirts with white supremacists”.

“I’m now looking at the possibility of a Republican bloodbath in the Senate, and that’s why I’ve never been on the Trump train,” Sasse said.

That’s nothing. Just politics.

John James. 39, I think.

Can you provide a bio please? That name brings up a lot of results.

She married a SF guy. Her judgement is in question.

He’s running against Peters in Michigan in the senate.

https://johnjamesforsenate.com/meet-john/

1 Like

Good addition to the watch list.

Looks like he’s doing his part to end racism too.

1 Like

Here a paywall link to the opposite opinion.

The big stage is too big for her.

She is being protected.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/10/16/kristi-noem-is-flirting-with-national-stage-is-she-ready-prime-time/

Allan

And is Donald Trump, Jr currently age 42 on watch list?