The National Divorce

Horse ■■■■■ Every bit of it.

I disagree.

Who? It’s either libs way or violence. What part about that that you don’t understand?

2 Likes

Not true.

What part?

Yes, by all means, let’s break up our country.

Attitudes like this is why Putin smiles. So sad.

I for one do not want a divorce where Liberals get even one inch of this country. They are to be defeated, not compromised with.

1 Like

By the way this is not a secession thread. That seems extremely unlikely at this time. This is how we as a country are likely to operate in two frameworks that will only overlap in certain ways.

The Court has essentially okayed Red States to run their states as they see fit. We will now see if we can get along with each other as parallel countries.

Good thread.

2 Likes

There is an unusual alignment of “intrinsic”, economic interest and party affiliation.

How do we get the uneven birth distribution of people intrinsically “red culture” or “blue culture” that lines up with regions?

How are intrinsically “red” persons born into regions that have economic activity that aligns with their principle?

This is a culture war, and the culture is adopted based on self interest and coalition formation.

Not a dream for me. I’d rather find a compromise solution.

Why do you insist on being so one-sided? The inverse is just as true.

Should red states be forced to run their states as blue states or you see fit.

2 Likes

They are same as KKK…but I understand that “some” people can’t or won’t accept that.

1 Like

Can you imagine if California, Oregon, and Washington State were to join and become an independent country? They would then have the ability to form treaties with foreign nations and we would well see Chinese military bases on our West Coast.

1 Like

Well since the Civil War we have increasingly moved towards federal solutions for a number of issues. Starting with banning slavery nationwide, we moved to dealing with racial segregation, segregation in schools, voting rights, gun laws, interracial marriage, homosexuality, gay marriage, environmental regulations, church/state, contraception, abortion rights etc etc.

Now we are moving into a time where we are unwinding the idea of federal laws governing all states towards the idea of a patchwork country based on individual state preferences.

Worse- the West Coast would vote for China to take us over and we would become part of their country. /snark

Putin smiles because of those things, not because I pointed it out.

1 Like

Sounds like you might have some unresolved anger issues.

How do you suggest Liberals be defeated?

Conservatives don’t have all the answers, neither do Liberals. The best answers lay somewhere in the middle. Compromise is a friend, not an enemy.

I disagree. It goes much deeper than that and it is predictable. Usually no further back than grandparents. It’s in the DNA.

Never compromise with evil.

One example, Democrats want to kill babies, Conservatives don’t. What is the compromise there, we just murder half?

1 Like