The national debt: Are you part of the problem, or the solution?

You can’t make any progress if one side is going to use any real solution to say the other side is heartless and cruel…

Why? Does my opinion take our lame assed politicians off the hook for going berserk and running up the debt? Is it my fault that they take in 4.4 trillion dollars per year and complain that this isn’t enough to pay for their crazy assed spending? Sorry dude. I’m not to blame.

They didn’t double the deficit. Perfect example of why no progress can be made.

Where did I ignore that there wasn’t debt before Trump? I specifically stated this goes back decades, didn’t I?

Good grief, please try to respond with something other than a strawman argument.

I don’t understand your unwillingness to answer a simple question (well, okay, I do understand why you’re unwilling to answer it, but that’s beside the point.) As a fiscal conservative, I was 100% against Trump’s tax cuts. Spending needs to be slashed, the budget needs to have surpluses, and the debt needs to be paid down some before we start thinking about tax cuts. I agree with your premise that both parties suck at this, but at least the Democrats seem to want to pay for their reckless spending. Republicans want to have their cake and eat it too. It needs to stop, but if you’re going to play cheerleader for Trump and his lackeys, then they’re never going to change.

LOL, it’s okay to increase the deficit because it didn’t double. It’s only up 78% in 2018 as compared to 2015.

Apparently he wants to claim the mantle of being a fiscal conservative but he still supports a budget busting tax cut that radically spiked the deficit.

Womp womp.

So what are dems proposing to fix it?

Do you support the Trump tax cuts?

You did notice what president doubled the debt?

I don’t care about your personal opinion of me. Why should I? What does that have to do with the irresponsibility and selfishness of your politicians? That does not change the fact that both parties have spent us into oblivion over the past 50 years. My beliefs do not take them off the hook for sucking. Because they suck.

Your OP wears thin if you are decrying the lack of fiscal conservatism on one hand…but then support a budget busting deficit spiking policy on the other hand.

One has proposed raising taxes on incomes over 10,000,000 to 70%. While she wants to fund a Green New Deal with the money. Some of it could be used to pay down the debt accumulated under many administrations.

This is a false equivalency.

It’s hard to take you seriously when you refuse to discuss specific fiscal policies that may effect the deficit/debt. Are you just lodging a complaint and want everyone to join in casting stones indiscriminately?

Not exactly. There is no apparently. I pretty much laid it on the line. You don’t have to make the mistake of guessing what I mean. I will tell you! Lucky you!

Both parties suck regarding the debt. There you have it. no “apparently” needed

Womp Womp. (what ever the hell that means).

She’s not in the leadership.

Yes, I did. I didn’t vote for him either. And if he didn’t have a Republican congress fighting everything he tried, then the reductions to the deficit he made towards the end of his term probably wouldn’t have happened. The problem is, when you hand the Republicans all the reins, they inevitably make things even worse. Democrats may be tax and spenders, but Republicans in power are borrow and spenders, which is worse, in my book.

Lucky for you, I’m not asking you to take me seriously. The numbers speak for themselves. If the politicians cared about the national debt, we would not be looking at over 50 years of epic failure.

That’s extremely simplistic way of looking at it.

You really should consider a more sophisticated analysis.

1 Like