The Minneapolis safety patrol. What good will they be?

Minneapolis has voted to fire all of their police and replace them with a safety patrol made up of people without any law enforcement experience. So how is this going to work? What happens when they get a called to investigate a rape? Who collects the evidence? Interviews the victim and arrests the suspect? How exactly does this go down? Since there are no longer any police, are traffic laws and red lights now optional? How will the safety patrol handle traffic accidents? Is drunk driving now okay in the city? What about murder? Who is going to be in charge of the crime scene and investigation? And who will respond to a robbery in progress? If there is a fire or medical emergency in a high crime area, will EMS be willing to respond without police protection? Has anyone in the media been smart enough to ask these questions? If this doesn’t prove that progressives are morons what will? Whose got answers?

They will be THIS effective

Donut shops and parking lots will be affected greatly

3 Likes

Here are some possibilities.

While there maybe should be some alternatives to complaints that don’t involve threats or violence, perhaps defunding police isn’t the way to go.

Those districts that have less of a tax base may get very little in the way of protection & may resort to defending themselves.

In elementary school we had a Safety Patrol. Student volunteers who made sure others did not run or cut in line.

It worked real swell.

What a great way to save money and make the community safer.

:school:

1 Like

It’s the pendulum that’s never gonna stop swinging. Similar things that you’re seeing proposed now we’re tried back in the 1970s after the Civil Rights movement. Some may have worked, but plenty didn’t. So we started swinging back the other way to give the police more power and more protections. And then of course they start overstepping. Civil forfeiture laws are being abused all over the place. And after 9-11 they start giving the police access to surplus military equipment. And now we have the police sending in SWAT teams to serve unpaid parking ticket warrants.

1 Like

Are they actually firing/disbanding the entire police force ? That didn’t work too well in Iraq in 2003 :smirk:

If that were really to go into effect, even if a criminal were caught the chances of a conviction would be minimal. There are rules regarding the handling of evidence,etc. that would just not be met.
But then, maybe that is the idea.

Happens all the time already with Cops not following rules…

I am sure untrained people will do even better.

The Minneapolis safety patrol - eroding your freedom 2 points at a time…

From what I’ve read there’s still no definitive plan in place, along with the proposals being voted on before the current police department is eliminated. Nonetheless during this transition members of the current police force will be looking to leave as well as a most of those who are working having very low moral. It will be interesting to see how things unfold.

It will never happen. They have not spent a second figuring how their safety patrol would handle anything. My guess is that this will peter out in a few months. Then the progressives will move on to their next hare brained idea. Minneapolis needs to dump these children and hire some adults.

1 Like

No they won’t. When the goofballs in charge finally figure out that they have no way to address the questions that I posed, they will back away and blame their dumb assed idea on republicans.

Especially when trained people are killing citizens by kneeling on their necks for almost 9 minutes.

1 Like

The useful idiots won’t be useful after Election Day. Democratic leaders will take off the kid gloves after that and send these people back to their parents basement.

1 Like

This is a lie. There are 800,000 police officers. This is not being done by “trained people.” One of them did this. You are convicting people by group. Evil ■■■■■ The odds of an unarmed citizen being killed by cops are literally one in a million. It will never be zero in a million. Stop being a hater.

Address my post, not me.

Fair enough. Valid point. Is this better?

There are 800,000 police officers. This is not being done by “trained people.” One of them did this. You are convicting people by group. Evil ■■■■■ The odds of an unarmed citizen being killed by cops are literally one in a million. It will never be zero in a million.

No, it’s not better. Stop accusing me of things I’m not doing. In no way did I convict an entire group of people. Clean it up or get flagged.